Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Maithili Wikimedians User Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Maithili Wikimedians User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is " is a group of Wikimedians who work on various wiki projects related to Maithili language. Maithili Wikipedia is a free-access, free-content Internet encyclopedia, supported and hosted by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Those who can access the site can edit its articles in Maithili language. It's mission is to support Maithili Wikimedians in their Wikimedia-related endeavors and to partner with local organizations in their use of Wikimedia projects. Anyone can become a volunteer of this user group."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Maithili Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on February 8, 2016.