- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- WikiToLearn User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "The WikiToLearn User Group is dedicated to make content present on WikiToLearn easily accessible from WMF sites and make the projects more interoperable"; and
- Application Review
- With regard to WikiToLearn User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Based on this review I would like to approve WikiToLearn User Group's application and grant them user group status for one year. If there are no concerns or objections, I will move forward with this action Monday July, 18, after a 72 hour window for AffCom members to raise potential concerns or objections.
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that WikiToLearn User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on Monday August 1, 2016.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on Monday August 1, 2016 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: