Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Wikimedia Digitization User Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia Digitization User Group' has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to (1) Bring together people and projects who digitize all kinds of public domain works (records, photographs, artwork, books), to generate a knowledge base to outline the processes and different methods of execution, focusing on the practical process, as well as different alternatives for equipment (cheapest, reasonable, expensive, etc.); (2) Create video, text tutorials and OER for different digitization projects.; (3) Generate a knowledge base to outline the difficult process of rights clearing, which is fundamental for safely uploading works to Wikimedia projects.; (4) Organize workshops with other Wikimedians and the public in general in which we can explain and teach how different digitization projects work, as well as the various methods for digitizing the works., and (5) Support other Wikimedians, chapters and groups in their attempts to create other digitization projects."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedia Digitization User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 15 October, 2015.