Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Wikimedians of Erzya language User Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedians of Erzyan language User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is a group of people interested in Wikimedia projects in Erzya language and topics related to the Erzya people, culture and community.; and
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedians of Erzyan language User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Based on this review I would like to approve Wikimedians of Erzyan language User Group’s application and grant them user group status for one year. If there are no concerns or objections, I will move forward with this action Tuesday, February 7, 2017, after a 72 hour window for AffCom members to raise potential concerns or objections.
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedians of Erzyan language User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on February 16, 2017 as "Wikimedians of Erzya language User Group."
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on February 16, 2017 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee:
- --EGalvez (WMF) (talk) 19:40, 28 February 2017 (UTC)