Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is to support the creation and development of Wikimedia projects and other language-related free initiatives in indigenous languages of North America.
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 8 February 2018.
- Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group (meta page).
- Wikimedia User Group requirements
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 8 February 2018 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: