Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition of Kerala User Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedians of Kerala User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to work on various wikimedia projects related to Malayalam language and work with other organizations to promote Malayalam langauge."
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedians of Kerala User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedians of Kerala User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 12 October 2018.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 12 October 2018 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: