Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition of Wikimedia Community User Group Guinea Conakry
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia Community User Group Guinea Conakry has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to support the spirit of Quick Inquiry pursued by the Wikimedia Foundation and sister projects, volunteers these are to find support in this quest for the creation and improvement of articles wiki in general and that of Guinea (Conakry) in particular and many other initiatives related to free knowledge. The initiative aims to encourage the growth, development and dissemination of educational content that, until now, were less accessible, free and translated into multiple languages, without payment of fees; it will facilitate the cultural and intellectual brazing, while placing particular emphasis on the activities taking place in Guinea."
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedia Community User Group Guinea Conakry's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedia Community User Group Guinea Conakry is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 21 November 2018.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 21 November 2018 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: