Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recommendations on access to Wikimedia resources - May 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Inquiries from affiliates, volunteers, and Wikimedia Foundation staff have been sent to the Affiliations Committee asking for our input on providing Wikimedia Foundation resources to affiliates in the recognition process.
- Access to movement funds, Wikimedia's Internal Wiki, Wikimedia's internal mailing list, and use of movement trademarks have already been determined in past resolutions or policies.
- At times, members of the Affiliations Committee are asked to help affiliates with maintenance of their on-wiki presence and documentation.
- The Affiliations Committee has been asked by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees to offer support for affiliates beyond their initial recognition, and therefore itself needs access to affiliate resources.
- At the time of this resolution, requests for Wikimedia Foundation maintained internal wikis and mailing lists have been approved on a case-by-case basis with little guidelines provided.
- The Affiliations Committee believes in providing equal access to resources to all Wikimedia affiliates, and making those resources available when it would most help the development of a Wikimedia affiliate.
- The Affiliations Committee believes mailing lists are a valuable tool in the early development of an affiliate, and internal wikis are a valuable tool for maintaining and documenting recognized affiliates.
Affiliations Committee advice
- The Affiliations Committee encourages the Wikimedia movement and Wikimedia Foundation to support the creation of Wikimedia Foundation maintained mailing lists for affiliates that have obtained at least five members, have on-wiki consensus in favor of creation of a mailing list for the affiliate, and on-wiki commitment to beginning the affiliation recognition process.
- The Affiliations Committee encourages the Wikimedia movement and Wikimedia Foundation to support the creation of Wikimedia Foundation maintained internal wikis (public, private, or fish-bowl) requested by Wikimedia affiliates once an Affiliations Committee resolution has been posted on Meta-Wiki recognizing the affiliate, or recommending the affiliate for approval by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
- That the acronyms assigned on the Wikimedia movement affiliates page shall be used.