Africa Wiki Challenge 2022/Communications
Marketing Materials developed for Africa Wiki Challenge 2022
These are .jpeg files below.
AWC 2022 Poster
AWC 2022 Poster 1
AWC 2022 Poster 2
AWC 2022 Poster 3
AWC 2022 Poster 4
Social media guidelines
It is exciting to get support for the Africa Wiki Challenge. Go ahead and show people what is happening with the competition in your country! We would love your support wherever possible! Here are some ways you can do just that: Keep an eye on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds and share our posts. The more organic reach we get the more we will be rewarded with views. So every share counts.
Follow us on our socials.
Follow us on Twitter!
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram!
Join our messaging platforms so you never miss a thing.
Join the Telegram Page for Organisers
Join our General Whatsapp Group
Comment On Our Posts
Comment and tag on the comments of a post. Any words of encouragement or tagging a friend or organization on the comments feed will also help Africa Wiki Challenge to be seen by more people, more often.
Make Your Own Posts
We realise you may want to personalize your call to enter or mention your own events happening locally, but please make sure you note the following:
- use the contest colour pallette above
- Include the hashtag #africawikichallenge on all your posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- When writing a post about a local event, please include the location or country in your post (this can be done straight away or as a hashtag) – this will cause less confusion when people repost or share your post with their individual accounts
- Be sure to include these bits of info – not necessarily all at once but over a few posts.
- The competition is open to Africans, everywhere. Content should relate to the subject matter Projecting African Culture.
- You can enter as many times as you like
- All content entered is subject to a Creative Commons licence
- The competition runs from 23rd May-30th June, 2022.
Please use the hashtags
- #AWC22[your country] i.e. #AWC2022Ghana
Please seriously consider adding cautionary hashtags to make sure people do not put themselves at risk to get the photographs, videos or any other content. Consider using these hashtags:
Design and photographic manipulation tools
If you wish to create your own branding, please consider using the following design tools. Many of the applications listed below require specialist knowledge of design and photographic principles. Inkscape is free and open source. However there are many other platforms that can help you if you are new to communications and design, especially these non-open source platforms.
They are not open source, but many have a free 'plan' that allows limited functionality:
Please note: the following is a list of (mostly) open source options. While many of these products are exceptional we do not recommend or endorse one over another. Always be careful when downloading software.
Design creation and manipulation
Find all links related to this contest and our socials here.