Amical Wikimedia/August 2013
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Current Wikipedians-in-Residence: ESM at Museu d'Art Jaume Morera, Galazan at Museu d'Història de Catalunya, Marionaaragay at Museu de la Música de Barcelona and Glòria Guirao at Fundació Suñol.
- August 2nd. Meeting with the Mataró Museum Natural Sciences Section. Vàngelisvillar.
- August 8th. The Girona Archive makes freely available all the contents of the 1448 Llibre del Sindicat de Remença (Peasan Syndicate Book) and some images. Ivan_bea
Wiki Loves Monuments
- Organization of the photo contest on cultural heritage Wiki Loves Monuments at the Catalan-speaking territories. Definition of the awards and the jury, website update and organization of Andorran Photowalk. Another two more events will take place: Wiki Takes Mollerussa, driven by the Mascançà Research Center, and Wiki Takes Olesa, driven by Santa Oliva Library. Kippelboy
- August 1st. Mention of the collaboration project between the Catalan Public Libraries Network and Amical Wikimedia at Europa Press and 324.cat.
- August 14th. Report on Wikipedia Zero at Ara newspaper. Davidpar
- August 26th. The Wiki Love Monuments contest earns the largest photography competition according to The Guinness Book of Records, El Periódico de Catalunya. Davidpar
- August 26th. Wikimedia Blog, "Drafting a strategy plan with the community", post about the elaboration of the Amical Wikimedia strategy plan in an open, horizontal and transparent way. Barcelona
- Amical Wikimedia members make an internal revision of the 2014-2018 strategy plan and the 2014 roadmap.
- August 27th. Virtual meeting about a proposal to Funds Dissemination Comittee. Attendees Arnaugir, Ijon, KLove_(WMF) and ASengupta_(WMF).
- Amical Wikimedia organizes the summer Wikichallenge in order to improve the grammar and spelling of 2000 wikipedia articles.
- Final grant report writing and submission GLAM & Outreach.
- August 7-11th. Some Amical Wikimedia members attend the Wikimania 2013: Dvdgmz, Góngora, Micru, QuimGil
- August 26th. Meeting with the representative of the Peruvian Chamber of Commerce at Barcelona (potential wiki courses). Kippelboy