This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
Remember, if you add yourself to this list, please add yourself to the main list of Wikipedians also!
The Wikimedia Foundation operates more projects (wiki's) where the content language is using either a RTL script or both LTR and RTL scripts in parallel. At the moment the Foundation is running projects in the following languages:
w: (wikipedia:) ar: CSV: L M MW | arc: CSV: L M MW | dv: CSV: L M MW | fa: CSV: L M MW | (ha: MW) | he: CSV: L M MW | ks: CSV: L M MW | (ku: CSV: L M MW) | (lad: MW) | (pa: CSV: L M MW) | ps: CSV: L M MW | sd: CSV: L M MW | (tk: MW) | ug: CSV: L M MW | ur: CSV: L M MW | yi: CSV: L M MW – www – (en: MW)
CVS /languages/ : Language.php Messages.php LanguageUtf8.php, LanguageConverter.php
Everybody is Welcome here regardles if you come to solve your problems, if you bring some knowledge about CSS, Java, XML etc., if you are a MediaWiki developer, if you make documentation, if you are involved in testing, if you operate a bot, if you manualy insert interlanguage links or if you are reverting vandalism at all kind of projects.
The workgroup has it's own IRC channel at irc://irc.freenode.net/wikipedia-BiDi where participants meet together and visitors can address issues related to RTL or BiDi topics.
- todos: wee need somebody to set it up
- reducing the number of BiDi projects without sysop
- Common collaboration amongst the RTL and BiDi projects, sharing knowledge about wiki configuration, finding workarounds for known problems
- Maintaining projects with low activities, reverting vandalism at these wikies
- Providing mutual help to generate unified patches for the BiDi projects
- Providing support for other projects: Multilingual MediaWiki
- Verifying BiDi complience for templates from commons (bugzilla:04547)
- Reporting and confirming fault reports at bugzilla: and other browser dependend bug tracking systems
- Making compliance tests with different operating systems, browsers; identifying common base alternatives to achieve the same result
- Creating documentation (understandable for newbies, providing reference links)
- Creating test cases at meta: and at the existing projects
- Requesting a http://test-rtl.wikipedia.org/ RTL test wiki to "simulate" special pages
- Finding someone who operates a BiDi bot and registering this bot
- – to be continued –
- bugzilla:02007 – Tracking bug (tracking)
- bugzilla:00745 – RTL/bidirectional issues (tracking)
- other bug tracking systems: bugzilla.mozilla (and "landfill" , bugs.wikia
- queries: MediaZilla, bugzilla.mozilla, /bugzilla-tip/, bugs.wikia
- votes: MediaZilla, bugzilla.mozilla, /bugzilla-tip/, bugs.wikia
- usefull tools: /firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/, pastebin.com
- w3.org 9.10 Text direction: the 'direction' and 'unicode-bidi' properties
- W3C I18N Topic Index
- UAX #9: The Bidirectional Algorithm
- Bidirectional text