Remember, if you add yourself to this list, please add yourself to the main list of Wikipedians also!
The Wikimedia Foundation operates more projects (wiki's) where the content language is using either a RTL script or both LTR and RTL scripts in parallel. At the moment the Foundation is running projects in the following languages:
Everybody is Welcome here regardles if you come to solve your problems, if you bring some knowledge about CSS, Java, XML etc., if you are a MediaWiki developer, if you make documentation, if you are involved in testing, if you operate a bot, if you manualy insert interlanguage links or if you are reverting vandalism at all kind of projects.
The workgroup has it's own IRC channel at irc://irc.freenode.net/wikipedia-BiDi where participants meet together and visitors can address issues related to RTL or BiDi topics.
- todos: wee need somebody to set it up
- reducing the number of BiDi projects without sysop
- Common collaboration amongst the RTL and BiDi projects, sharing knowledge about wiki configuration, finding workarounds for known problems
- Maintaining projects with low activities, reverting vandalism at these wikies
- Providing mutual help to generate unified patches for the BiDi projects
- Providing support for other projects: Multilingual MediaWiki
- Verifying BiDi complience for templates from commons (bugzilla:04547)
- Reporting and confirming fault reports at bugzilla: and other browser dependend bug tracking systems
- Making compliance tests with different operating systems, browsers; identifying common base alternatives to achieve the same result
- Creating documentation (understandable for newbies, providing reference links)
- Creating test cases at meta: and at the existing projects
- Requesting a http://test-rtl.wikipedia.org/ RTL test wiki to "simulate" special pages
- Finding someone who operates a BiDi bot and registering this bot
- – to be continued –
- bugzilla:02007 – Tracking bug (tracking)
- bugzilla:00745 – RTL/bidirectional issues (tracking)
- w3.org 9.10 Text direction: the 'direction' and 'unicode-bidi' properties
- W3C I18N Topic Index
- UAX #9: The Bidirectional Algorithm
- Bidirectional text