Adikavi Nannaya University Telugu Wikipedia Workshop is Telugu Wikipedia workshop conducted to PG students of Telugu Department, Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajamahendravaram during 6, 7 January 2017.
Adikavi Nannaya University is located in Rajamahendravaram (previously Rajahmundry), which is considered as one of the major centers for Telugu literature and culture. One of Telugu Wikipedia Workplan's strategic goals - Small City outreach is aimed to expand base cities of Wikipedia activities within Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Telugu Wikipedia community and A2K organized events in the city. This is a continuation of the efforts to make the city as a base for Wikipedia activities.
Dates: 6, 7 January 2017 Place: Adikavi Nannaya University City: Rajamahendravaram
- Student Wikipedians created accounts in Telugu Wikipedia and learned basics of Wikipedia editing.
- Improved articles about their villages using references available in the internet
- Students learned how to search for information using google advanced tools and how to create tertiary source using primary and secondary sources
- Newly registered - 33
- pages created - 32
- Bytes deleted or added - 99118
- Expanding Wikipedia outreach activities to Rajamahendravaram