CIS-A2K/Konkani Wikipedia/Partnerships & Projects
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Main||Workshops & Events||Partnerships & Projects||Reports & Blogs||Media Coverage||Issues & Solutions||Discussion|
On this page you can find details of CIS-A2K's partners who will work in tandem to stenghten Konkani Wikimedia Projects. You'll also be able to find details of projects that CIS-A2K is running.
- Goa University
- The CIS-A2K team has signed a MOU with the Goa University.
- As part of this MoU, Goa University and CIS-A2K will work together to digitize “Konkani Vishwakosh” under Creative Common license and build a Digital Knowledge Partnership in order to enhance digital literacy in the Konkani language and facilitate collaborative knowledge production and disseminate the same free of cost through Kokani Wikipedia (currently under incubation). Goa University and CIS-A2K will co-design and jointly implement relevant training programmes to achieve this objective.
- Nirmala Institute & Access to Knowledge Programme will run a program together with about hundred B.Ed. students to increase the amount of information available about Goan villages and towns on Konkani Wikipedia.
- Dalgado Konknni Akademi and Access to Knowledge Programme will co-design and jointly run training programmes to increase and improve articles on Konkani Wikipedia in Roman script.
- Konkani Vishwakosh is a four-volume encyclopedia published by Goa University. It encompasses all the world information in a nutshell with special emphasis and detailed information on Goa, Konkani, Goan culture, folklore, history, geography etc.
- Goa University has generously approved the re-release of Konkani Vishwakosh under Creative Commons License (CC-BY-SA 3.0) to make it freely available to public and thus preserve Konkani language and culture in the digital era.
- Goa University in collaboration with the Centre for Internet & Society’s Access to Knowledge Programme (CIS-A2K) is digitizing Konkani Vishwakosh. In this project we will work with group of individuals who will help digitize the encyclopedia in a time bound manner. All 3632 pages of Konkani Vishwakosh will be digitized.
- About 100 students perusing B.Ed. from Nirmala Institute of Education are writing articles on Goan villages and towns on Konkani Wikipedia. Since students are working in pairs to collect and update information; we'll have 50 new articles on Konkani Wikipedia as an outcome of this project by end of Feb 2014.