Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 24 August 2016
- Christ University B. Ed students
We discussed these things:
- Introduction to Wikipedia (in brief) - with 2 hands-on activities: a) listing out notable people, books, and searching those topics on internet to check Wikipedia's search ranking, b) basic concept of free and non-free content, why can't we use most of the content of web?
- Visiting Indic language Wikipedia (7-8 Indic language Wikipedia's main pages were visited) and brief discussion on Indic Wikipedias.
- Introduction to basic Wikipedia formatting (bold, italics only, note: I missed underline formatting, and jumped to strikethrough, after bold and italics underline should have been taught, on-WIki underline is formatted like Word see also #6)
- Namsepace: Main, User, File, Wikipedia namespaces and their talks pages were discussed. Module, MediaWiki etc namespaces have not been discussed.
- Writing a short paragraph on sandbox,
- Add one reference in the article