Cascadia Wikimedians/2020 report
Activities and impact report
In 2020, as a Wikimedian community that typically would meet in person via meetups and editiathons, the Cascadia Wikimedians had curtailed most activities due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In person events
The only in person events that we were able to hold were our January and February meetups.
Edit-a-thon events scheduled, then cancelled
- In February 2020, Cascadia Wikimedians had met in person with an employee from the w:Washington Historical Society to plan the Edits for Women 2020 editathon at the w:Washington State History Museum to commemorate the end of the centenial of women's suggrage in Washington state, which was subsequently cancelled.
- In early March 2020, met online with representatives of the Comcast Women's Network to plan five simultaneous Wiki-thons at the end of that month at various Comcast locations. This too, was subsequently cancelled.
- In addition to the above events that Cascadia Wikimedians were actively involved in planning, there were other events for which members were planning to attend and support, but were cancelled. These included:
- A March 2020 Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon; scheduled but postponed for the Jacob Lawrence Gallery
- Portland ArtAndFeminism 2020 originally scheduled, for March 2020, postponed to May, then cancelled.
- Wikipedia at Cascadia Culture Week 2020, May 2020, an introduction to Wikipedia for members of the Cascadia Department of Bioregion, part of the Cascadia bioregional independence movement.
- Hosted the West regional breakout room for the Great American Wiknic virtual edition 2020
- Cascadia Wikimedians participated in nearly all WALRUS/meetups,
- Cascadia Wikimedians participated in the Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetings for August, September, October, and November.
- For WikiConference North America 2020, Peaceray led a workshop on converting Harvard Citations to shortened footnotes.
We did not hold our annual membership meeting in 2020. We will arrange for a membership meeting to be held online this spring to elect addional board members and appoint officers. Last year's officers continue to serve in an acting capacity until our Spring 2021 board meeting.