|This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. |
This page describes an obsolete Affiliations Committee process. It is no longer in use.
This is a copy of an internal Affiliations Committee document detailing the process of handling chapter approvals.
This page is supposed to indicate the different steps involved in the approval process, starting at First Contact, ending with the post-approval guidance and admission to mailing lists etc. Please add steps and templates as you like.
- send email back:
- Link to Step-by-step chapter creation guide
- explaining the importance of the gathering people
- We are Not Evil
- Advise to create meta-page "Wikimedia Countryname"
- Set up page through this template, update Chapters committee/Chapters applications.
- Appoint contact(s)
- giving advice, rounding up people
- Gather information, ask questions
- Update [Wikimedia_Chapters|meta]
- Fill out as much as possible the empty fields of the chapters page on this wiki
- Make an estimate if they mean well
- Make an estimate if they can become a sustainable group
- Check how well they fit the minimal requirements
- Advice on writing them
- Point them to examples
- Make them publish them on meta
- read drafts, advice
- update meta
- Judge once more whether they are viable
- Judge once more if they mean well
- Judge the contents of the bylaws
- Draft resolution
- Forward to the board
- Update meta