Chapters meeting 2009/Preparation/Wikimedia Česká republika
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- When was the chapter created? March 2008, first GA in May 2008
- What are the main changes that affected the chapter since then? Probably nothing significant.
- Number of members: 32, as of February 2009
- Budget: Income in 2008 was 1100 €. Budget for 2009 is about 23 000 € of which 7700 € are sponsored services (legal aid, domains, webhosting) and over 12 300 € are planned WMF grants.
- We got a sponsor for Czech (and possibly other) domains.
- We have established partnership with a law firm to consult legal/copyrights issues for the projects.
- We will be presenting WMF projects on two exhibitions in Prague.
- It's hard to get volunteers. (Most of the work is done only by handful of people. However, WMF grant project helped us to get some attention.)
Plans for the future
- Plans for the short term (1 year)
- Photographic workshops and other projects (photos of municipalities, scientific prohotographs)
- Plans for the medium term (3 years)
- Currently we don't plan that much ahead.
- Sorting out relationship with the Foundation (domains, trademarks).
- Finding out what other chapters exactly do, what works and what doesn't.