Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Watchlists/Watchlists based on Wikidata statements
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: It is not possible to monitor every wiki for changes in a common list of articles.
- Who would benefit: All editors.
- Proposed solution: On Wikidata there are two properties that are used to tag items belonging either to a Wikiproject (maintained by WikiProject (P6104)) or to a Wikimedia project (on focus list of Wikimedia project (P5008)). Use that centralized information to display watchlists for any WikiProject in any language.
- More comments: For instance if many pages are tagged as belonging to WikiProject Molecular and Cellular Biology (Q15884967), then it should be possible to show watchlists for any language edition of Wikipedia or even for Wikidata itself.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Micru (talk) 14:22, 9 November 2018 (UTC)
- It's possible to get listings of Wikidata recent changes for items with a particular property using a SPARQL query: see eg the 'recent changes' query either side at d:Wikidata:WikiProject_BHL/Statistics:Titles#Queries_for_titles_(excl._serials).
- But I agree it would be nice to be able to get lists of changes across all Wikipedias. Jheald (talk) 15:48, 9 November 2018 (UTC)