Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Miscellaneous/Add a Quick Settings Panel/Page
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Problem: In order to change simple settings, you have to navigate through a fairly lengthy Preferences section with many pages.
- Who would benefit: Readers (as in, people who come just to read, not to edit), less experienced editors, anyone who frequently changes a setting.
- Proposed solution: I propose that their should be a sort of quick setting panel or page, one that is very straight forward and simple for just a regular, non-techsavvy person to do simple things, such as change font size, time, appearance, language, I don't really know, just whatever the most changed settings are. It would be very clean and simple, and maybe even customizable for logged in users to include a few of their favorite settings, but that last part isn't the main point. The main point is making it very easy for the average reader to change a simple setting.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Thanks, EDG 543 (message me) 15:52, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
- Pbsouthwood, well, it's not so much that the individual would need to change the setting over and over, I just was referring to a setting that any random user (non-editor) would likely want to change but couldn't because of there is no easy way for them to change it. I don't really know which specific setting the average reader would want to change, but it wouldn't be hard to conduct a survey or something. Thanks, EDG 543 (message me) 14:43, 30 November 2020 (UTC)