Esperanto kaj Libera Scio/Reports/2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- CEE Spring 2017 on the Esperanto Wikipedia
Online collaboration events
- Wikivoyage Caravan, an online challenge to facilitate creation and self-sustainability of Esperanto Wikivoyage community, occured in May, September, October, and November
- Wikimedia Asian Month 2017 on Esperanto Wikivoyage
- During Whole-Slovakian Esperanto Congress 2017, KuboF Hromoslav presented Esperanto and Free Knowledge, its activity and invited the participants to Wikipedia.
- During 102nd World Congress of Esperanto in South Korea, KuboF Hromoslav presented EliSo during "The Movement Fair and using the Congress newspaper, invited participants to upload their photos to Wikimedia Commons.
- During International Congress of Esperanto Youth in Togo, KuboF Hromoslav presented the Wikimedia movement and its possibilities and started consultations with local attendees.
- During the 23rd Colombian Congress of Esperanto, Remux and Tefita228 gave two talks about Wikipedia in Colombia and about the experience of Remux in Wikimania 2017 in Canada.
- During the Esperanto youth event Junulara E-Semajno, over the New Year 2017/2018, a Wikipedia training is planned.
Participation in Wikimedia events
- Wikimedia Conference 2017 - Lingveno (Strategy track) and KuboF Hromoslav were representatives of ELiSo; other Esperanto-speakers participated as well
- Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017 - Lingveno was the ELiSo representantive; another member, KuboF Hromoslav, too participated
- WikidataCon 2017 - KuboF Hromoslav participated
- Group participation in the Wikimedia 2030 Strategy Direction Consultation
- informing on social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook) and mailing lists
- Preparations of Wiki Loves Zamenhof/Esperanto Objects were concretizied.
- Related to glossary translation, the English/Esperanto generic glossary focusing on common terms in the Wikimedia environment was advanced. Although so far it lacks matching definitions, it does provide a large set of terms that can be used to harmonize translations.