Events Team Portal/Community space
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Want to help translate? Translate the missing messages.
I’m looking for funding
- Grants programs - looking for funding to host your Wikimedia event? Please see - Conference and Events grants program. Looking for other kinds of funding? Please look at the Wikimedia Foundation Funds programs.
- Partnerships - Here you can find some tips and guidelines on 'How to tell your 'Wikimedia story', including tips on Partnerships and Communication to maximize the visibility and Impact of your event. More useful resources can be found on the Partnerships & Resource Development portal.
- Funding FAQ - Find answers about everything related to the funding aspect of planning an event - Eligibility criteria; Sponsorships and In-kind donations; financial documentation and more.
I’m looking to host
- Hosting events FAQ - Find answers about everything related to hosting the actual event - the planning process; Logistics; Content design and more.
- Events ‘how to’ handbook - There are many quality resources on how to organize a Wikimedia event. Here are a few of our most recommended resources: - Conference Planning resources - The Hackathons Handbook
- Event Evaluation Toolkit - In this page you can find a list of basic questions that the Wikimedia Foundation uses to evaluate large movement events like Wikimania and other regional and thematic events. Feel free to use any part of these questionnaires to evaluate your own event. You will find: Registration Questions; Post-event questions for participants and Follow-up questions for participants.
- For social media support and connection with WMF channels, please fill out this form and someone from the communication team will follow up with you soon.
- Remote events - our own guidelines and tips for grantees hosting remote events. For more community resources, tips and best practices about remote events, please see this.
- Learning Pattern: Event Planning Process
- Friendly space policy - Friendly space policies are guidelines for in-person and virtual Wikimedia community gatherings which advises that all participants seek to encourage a positive and constructive experience for all other participants. For more information, guidelines and resources (including the 'Keeping Events Safe' booklet) about Friendly space policy at Wikimedia events, please also see this.
- Accessibility - This page is a collection of information and considerations for organizers when thinking of how to make movement events more accessible for participants, reducing linguistic, technological, cultural, economic, social, and other event barriers
Required checklist - This checklist will be required for events going through the Wikimedia Foundation Conference Grants Program
- Wikimania 2021 Speaker Guidebook - This guidebook is designed for 2021 Wikimania speakers, but can be useful for all speakers at community events. This guidebook includes recommended practices, examples and exercises. It covers the key steps of preparing a talk, regardless of whether you are presenting a live or pre-recorded session. The guidebook is available in 7 languages.
- Communication best practices - Please see here a few tools and resources on how to use WMF social Media channels; how to tell your 'Wikimedia Story', how to build a communication plan, and more.