Festive Season 2021 edit-a-thon
Festive Season 2021 edit-a-thon is the second iteration of Festive Season mini edit-a-thon. This edit-a-thon is followed by Mahatma Gandhi 2021 edit-a-thon just like the last iteration. The edit-a-thon is going to be conducted on 11 & 12 December 2021.
The purpose of the event is to celebrate the festivals of India. Editors will create or develop the content Wikimedia projects regarding festivals.
- Dates: 11 December to 12 December 2021
- Time: 11 December 2021 00:01 hours and 12 December 2021 23:59 hours.
This is an online event only just like the previous edit-a-thons. No on-ground activity/event is planned during this edit-a-thon due to the third wave of COVID.
For participating in this edit-a-thon, you can choose/edit any Wikimedia project such as Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikiquote etc and make some improvements, just like Mahatma Gandhi edit-a-thon. These are some contributions you can make:
- Create a Wikipedia article on Indian festivities you can access the list of some articles below. You may also use recommend.wmflabs.org for an article idea.
- If the article already exists then you can expand a Wikipedia article (or you can copyedit, add reliable references, fix typos, add relevant images etc.)
- Create Wikidata items or improve Wikidata items related to any Indian festivities.
- Upload or improve images on Wikimedia Commons. Please see photos in gallery Festivals of India (please also see numerous subcategories). Other than uploading images, you may improve image details such as improving description, writing image descriptions in your native languages, adding/improving structured data etc. Also, you can add photos to Wikipedia articles, which do not have enough photos, from Wikimedia commons.
- You can work on Wikisource as well if you have any book on book/article which you have on Wikisource. Proofread any page related to a specific festival or related to festivals.
- Add or improve quotes on Wikiquotes.
- This edit-a-thon is not limited to any specific Wikimedia project. You can select any Wikimedia project (like; Wikibooks, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia, Wikisource etc.) of your interest to contribute about Indian Festivities.
Note: All edits must follow a project's and the community's policies and guidelines. Please consider making a high-quality contribution. You can work on more than one project.
- Please add your username below. Please also include the project names you worked on. You may add the project names after the completion of your work also.
This is not a competition just like the previous mini edit-a-thon, but more like a celebration. We can not send gifts for a one-time event.
List of Articles
Note: Participants can follow the given link to create articles in their own language.
Special note: Please write your username below. Please mention only those projects with language name where you will work on during the edit-a-thon. We'll check your contribution on the mentioned projects only. You may change the projects during/after the edit-a-thon.
- For example;
- User: ABC, Hindi Wikipedia/Wikisource
- ᱥᱟᱹᱜᱩᱱ ᱗, Santali Wikipedia
- Kasyap, Telugu & Hindi Wikipedia
- Sangram Keshari Senapati, Odia Wikipedia
- आर्या जोशी, Marathi Wikipedia, Hindi Wikipedia
- Rajdeep ghuman (talk) 11:11, 7 December 2021 (UTC), Punjabi Wikipedia, Punjabi Wikisource
- Vijay Barot (talk) 03:12, 8 December 2021 (UTC), Gujarati Wikipedia; Wikidata
- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 07:21, 8 December 2021 (UTC) , Hindi wikipedia.
- --ईशानी (talk) 04:18, 9 December 2021 (UTC), Marathi Wikipedia, Wikimedia commons, Wikidata
- Balasubramanaian tamil wikipedia--Balu1967 (talk) 05:39, 9 December 2021 (UTC)
- Dugal harpreet (talk) 06:36, 10 December 2021 (UTC), Punjabi wikipedia
- Gill jassu (talk) 06:50, 10 December 2021 (UTC) ,Punjabi Wikipedia, Punjabi Wikisource
- Jagseer S Sidhu (talk) Punjabi Wikipedia
- M. Abhilash 12:23, 10 December 2021 (UTC), Telugu wikipedia
- Gurnoor ghuman (talk) 13:14, 10 December 2021 (UTC) Wikicommons
- Mulkh Singh (talk) 15:29, 10 December 2021 (UTC) Punjabi Wikipedia
- Gaurav Jhammat Gaurav Jhammat (talk) 16:34, 10 December 2021 (UTC) Punjabi Wikipedia
- Subas Chandra Rout (Odia Wikipedia/ or), --Subas Chandra Rout (talk) 04:44, 11 December 2021 (UTC)
- -J. Ansari Talk 16:01, 11 December 2021 (UTC)
- Meenakshi nandhini (talk) 04:15, 12 December 2021 (UTC) Wikidata and Malayalam Wikipedia
- KKR VKI, Malayalam Wikipedia
- ଜୀବିତପୁତ୍ରିକା - Sangram Keshari Senapati (talk) 17:31, 11 December 2021 (UTC)
- ଆମ୍ବେଦକର ଜୟନ୍ତୀ - --Subas Chandra Rout (talk) 04:15, 12 December 2021 (UTC)
- ତୁଳସୀ ବିବାହ --Subas Chandra Rout (talk) 10:54, 12 December 2021 (UTC)
- ᱥᱟᱹᱜᱩᱱ ᱗ Santali Wikipedia
- Balasubramanaian tamil wikipedia
- ta:புரந்தரதாசர் ஆராதனை
- ta:சேதி சந்த்
- ta:யானைத் திருவிழா
- ta:சுவாதி சங்கீதோத்சவம்
- ta:கார்த்திகை பூர்ணிமா
- தேவ தீபாவளி
- ta:சயன ஏகாதசி
- ta:பிரபோதினி ஏகாதசி
- ta:அனந்த சதுர்த்தி
Meenakshi nandhini Malayalam Wikipedia
- ml:Ambedkar Jayanti
- ml:Anant Chaturdashi
- ml:Vivaha Panchami
- ml:Pana Sankranti
- ml:Poush Mela
- ml:Tulsi Vivah
- ml:Pitru Paksha
- ml:Van Mahotsav
- ml:Purandara Dasa Aradhana
- ml:Dev Deepawali (Varanasi)
- ml:Shayani Ekadashi
- ml:Prabodhini Ekadashi
- ml:Cheti Chand
- ml:Gudi Padwa
During the 2-day-long edit-a-thon, a total of 20 editors signed up to participate and create or develop the content on their local Wiki projects about festivals of India. But out of 20 users, only 11 editors participated. These 11 contributors were from 6 Indian language communities— Gujarati, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil.
Most of the participants created content on Wikipedia only. An active User:Meenakshi nandhini from Malayalam Wikipedia created 16 articles during these 2 days. A Gujurati Wikimedians, User:Vijay Barot created 12 articles on Gujurati Wikipedia. On Tamil Wikimedia 9 articles were created by USer:Balu1967. User:आर्या जोशी is a Marathi Wikimedian who created 2 articles and 5 more articles expanded and edited. From Odia community, User:Subas Chandra Rout created 2 articles and User:Ssgapu22 created 1 article on Odia Wikipedia. Four users of Punjabi Wikipedia also created or expanded a few articles, User:Rajdeep ghuman created 2 articles, User:Jagseer S Sidhu created 2 articles and expended 1 article, User:Gill jassu edited 1 article and User:Mulkh Singh also edited 1 article on Punjabi Wikipedia. Around 46 articles were created within these two days.
User:Meenakshi nandhini also worked on Wikidata for labels and descriptions. She made minimum 28 edits on Wikidata. User:Ssgapu22 made edits to 5 labels and added one item related to Festive Season 2021 edit-a-thon (d:Q110061212). User:Vijay Barot also made more than 100 edits on Wikidata. User:Balu1967 edited or added 8 labels.
User:Gurnoor ghuman uploaded 8 files related to festivals.
You can contact Dugal harpreet and Nitesh (CIS-A2K).