Fundraising sitenotice 2006 Q4/Zh
The source of this default banner
<div name="fundraising" id="fundraising" class="plainlinks" style="margin-top:5px; text-align: center; background-color: #ffffe0; border: solid 1px #e0e0c0"> '''You can [[Wikimedia:give the gift of knowledge|give the gift of knowledge]] by [[Wikimedia:Fundraising#Donation_methods|donating to the Wikimedia Foundation!]]''' <br> <fundraising/> <fundraisinglogo/> <br> <small> [[Wikimedia:Deductibility of donations|Tax-deductibility of donations]] | [[Wikimedia:Fundraising FAQ|FAQ]] | [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/foundation/2/28/Wikimedia_2006_fs.pdf Financial statements] </small></div>
Use <fundraising/> to display the cute little progress meter.
There may be old translations from last year of this version.
Not yet available. If copying old translated notices, remove this link for now.
- For anonymous page views, MediaWiki:Anonnotice is shown if it exists and is not empty.
- Otherwise, MediaWiki:Sitenotice is shown if it exists and is not empty
- Otherwise, the sitewide default (probably in English) is shown if it exists and is not empty
Thus, 'Anonnotice' can be used to show a different version to anonymous users than to those who are logged in.
This time we have changed a little bit how the site notice works.
Users who are logged in have a little '[close]' link to the side of the site notice. If you click on it, the notice will be hidden from then on while logged in on that computer. (The hiding preference is via a cookie.) The link can be translated via MediaWiki:Sitenotice_close
If you change the sitenotice in a way that people who have hidden it should be required to see the new notice, then edit MediaWiki:Sitenotice_id. This should be a number; the default is 0. Increase the number to make the change. Please do not do this for changes to the notice's formatting.
- It implements the dismissable mode
- It will avoid having incorrect text appear in the page summaries in search engines forever and ever
This is somewhat experimental.
<donationform/> to include it.
Submit button can be localized via MediaWiki:Donationform-submit.
- Comment from Executive Director: We spent a lot of time to work to get the Fundraising page to be the right way, meaning to offer alternatives. We are trying to get people to land there; the idea of the Paypal form "shortcut" undermines that for lots of potential donors. We never discussed or agreed that such a thing would be placed in the En:WP site notice.--BradPatrick 15:13, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
Upcoming updates from the fundraising team
There may be added information such as additional links to donation data and a public appeal.