Funds Dissemination Committee/Chapter Finances Survey/Indonesia
Please complete your Chapter Finances Survey by Friday, May 25th, so that it can be considered by the Funds Dissemination Committee Advisory Group and can be used to develop recommendations for the Wikimedia Board of Trustees.
For multiple choice questions, please delete all choices except your Chapter's response. Where a question requires a text answer, please use bullets under the question.
- 1. Within the following ranges, what were your total expenses (in $US) in your previous financial year?
WMID receives 750 thousand USD total for 2011-2012, not really sure how much 2011 and on going 2012, financial report is yet to finishes although tax report completed for 2011.
- 2. What do you expect your total expenses will be (in $US) in this financial year?
- 450 thousand USD (?) give or take [see above]
- 3. In your previous financial year, did you raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- USD 600 (-/+) | USD 700 thousand | USD 1,000 (+/-)
- 4. If you raised revenue from other sources in the previous financial year, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
- Annual membership fee | The Ford Foundation | from public and other entities i.e. university contributions in kind somewhere around USD 1000 - 1,500 (?)
- 5. In this financial year, do you expect to raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- Not for this financial year, the previous one covers mid 2011 - late 2012. Other income from public and annual membership fee (unrestricted funding) is continuing but the contribution is insignificant therefore it is not used to project based effort, we use it for member's annual meeting and meet up, gifts shirts etc.
- 6. If you plan to raise revenue for this financial year from sources other than the fundraiser or the Foundation, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
- 7. When does your financial year end?
- In December every year
Chapter Re-granting Programs
- 8. In your previous financial year, did your chapter provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in $US)?
- USD 400 thousand +
- 9. If you provided grants in the previous financial year, can you provide additional detail on your grants program? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities did you fund?)
- 10. In this financial year, will you provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in US$)?
- Yes, continuing the program from last year
- 11. If you plan to provide grants in this financial year, can you provide additional detail on this year’s grants? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities will you fund?)
- see answer on number 9
Funds Dissemination Needs and Timing
- 12. Do you anticipate requesting funding through either the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) or the WMF grants process for your next financial year (e.g., 2013)? If so, how much (in $US)?
- Unrestricted USD 100,000 and USD 50,000 restricted for re-granting, but we haven't decided yet. Still in discussion phase.
- 13. What would be your ideal timeline for requesting and receiving funds from the FDC or WMF grants process? (e.g., "request in November/December, receive in January”)
- Decision should be take less than two weeks, an ideal full cycle would be: week one is lobbying phase, week two details clean up from lobbying phase, week three administrative paperwork straighten up, week four wire transfer completed. Make this decision transparent for public, but not the lobbying phrase, you don't want to stage your "grant fight" like doing window shopping for video games.
- 14. By what date would you need to receive funds through the FDC or WMF grants process? (i.e., At what date will your ability to carry out planned activities be damaged if you haven’t received funding?)
- At any date any "promised" funding dependent activities will be damaged if funding is not received. (Can you fix the question?)
- 15. Do you have any questions about the funds dissemination process that you need to have resolved in order to plan your chapter’s next financial year? By what date do you need an answer?
- Just waiting, if it has a clean, easy process, we'll ask for funding, if not and it gave more problem than solution, we wait - and probably won't ask funding.
Additional Comments or Questions
Please use this section for any comments or questions you have about the funds dissemination process.
- Please see previous WMID grant requests ,  , in the presence of trust, there's an absent of long painful discussion (sample). If FDC going to look like the recent grant process I gave up, I don't have the time and energy to do what is given in the sample.
We are seeking your input as we develop a set of recommendations for the FDC. We encourage your contribution on the talk pages of the Draft FDC Proposal to the Board.