Funds Dissemination Committee/Chapter Finances Survey/Switzerland
Please complete your Chapter Finances Survey by Friday, May 25th, so that it can be considered by the Funds Dissemination Committee Advisory Group and can be used to develop recommendations for the Wikimedia Board of Trustees.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Divya Narayanan from the Bridgespan Group or to Asaf Bartov at the Foundation.
For multiple choice questions, please delete all choices except your Chapter's response. Where a question requires a text answer, please use bullets under the question.
- 1. Within the following ranges, what were your total expenses (in $US) in your previous financial year?
- e. 50,000-100,000 (Jan 2011-Dec 2011)
- 2. What do you expect your total expenses will be (in $US) in this financial year?
- f. 100,000-500,000 (Jan 2012-Dec 2012)
- 3. In your previous financial year, did you raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- a. We did not raise additional revenue
- 4. If you raised revenue from other sources in the previous financial year, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
- 5. In this financial year, do you expect to raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- e. 10,000-50,000
- 6. If you plan to raise revenue for this financial year from sources other than the fundraiser or the Foundation, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
- Individual big "sponsors" donating directly to the chapter for specific projects and participation to government projects.
- 7. When does your financial year end?
- The financial year matches with the solar year.
Chapter Re-granting Programs
- 8. In your previous financial year, did your chapter provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in $US)?
- c. $1000-5000
- 9. If you provided grants in the previous financial year, can you provide additional detail on your grants program? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities did you fund?)
- Microgrants for travel expenses or to buy equipments.
- 10. In this financial year, will you provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in US$)?
- e. $10,001-20,000
- 11. If you plan to provide grants in this financial year, can you provide additional detail on this year’s grants? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities will you fund?)
- Microgrants for travel expenses or to buy equipments and financial support for projects of other chapters.
Funds Dissemination Needs and Timing
- 12. Do you anticipate requesting funding through either the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) or the WMF grants process for your next financial year (e.g., 2013)? If so, how much (in $)
- h. >500,000
- 13. What would be your ideal timeline for requesting and receiving funds from the FDC or WMF grants process? (e.g., "request in November/December, receive in January”)
- Request in November/december, receive in first trimester
- 14. By what date would you need to receive funds through the FDC or WMF grants process? (i.e., At what date will your ability to carry out planned activities be damaged if you haven’t received funding?)
- In general we keep some funds to cover the risks, but it would be better to receive this money in the first trimester
- 15. Do you have any questions about the funds dissemination process that you need to have resolved in order to plan your chapter’s next financial year? By what date do you need an answer?
- Basically it would interesting to know the timeline and the process in order to prepare our projects plan for 2013.
- It's unclear the question to "receive" funds because in Switzerland the question is more connected with to "retain" funds as we receive sufficient funds through Wikimedia fundraising to cover our financial request.
Additional Comments or Questions
Please use this section for any comments or questions you have about the funds dissemination process.
We are seeking your input as we develop a set of recommendations for the FDC. We encourage your contribution on the talk pages of the Draft FDC Proposal to the Board.