Grants:IdeaLab/Better Wikisource onboarding
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
Wikisource has easy activities for new people to do. But it is hard to find them, unless you know what you're looking for. And it seems that some language versions do this better than others.
What is your solution?
More obvious ways to get newbies started with easy tasks like proofreading and verification could keep Wikisource growing. Getting Started tours? Clear calls to actions to quick start guides? Other experiments?
- Learn what is working well for some languages & replicate them to others where appropriate.
- Experiment with new onboarding methods
- Increase active editors on Wikisource
Welcome, brainstormers! Your feedback on this idea is welcome. Please click the "discussion" link at the top of the page to start the conversation and share your thoughts.
- I'd love to fund someone else to work on a project like this. I'd also be happy to play the role of newbie testing things out :) Anyone interested? 00:48, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
- Yann (talk) 07:26, 7 July 2014 (UTC)