What is the problem you're trying to solve?
The idea is that many women by their psychological motivational evaluation are sociable people. This comes from historical role in society: children care, care of other people, grouping, and lowering tension. On the other side Wikipedia was build for hard working editors, who are motivated by clear rules and the possibility to add knowledge piece by piece. If there is a social interaction on Wikipedia, it focuses content. On the other side most of the women prefer to focus on people. Thus the environment of Wikipedia doesn’t fit for them.
What is your solution?
The solution is to extend Wikipedia environment and create it friendlier for women and sociable people. It’s chosen the way of an extension not to harm the actual environment, which is pretty efficient. Sociable people hate loneliness and love social interaction. We can work on Wikipedia:
- list articles, which might be interesting for women
- design metodology of group editing (i.e. actual MW software does not allow editing at the same time)
- contact women on and outside Wikipedia (males are not excluded) - atract them for group editing events
- organize online (and potentially offline) group editing (something like Cooperation of the Week)
- support (on wp) social interactions (personal profiles, congratulations (birthdays, work done etc.))
- write a report, inform community about what worked and what didnt worked
and outside Wikipedia:
- establish the new MW project, which will focus social interaction and people (something like FB, Twitter or Instagram attached to Wikimedia project family)
- invite there sociable people from on and out of wp
- create its policies and customise it
- link them to Wikimedia Commons (e.g. via non local upload)
- organise group editing of wp
- share feedback with wp community
- Volunteer I think you are indeed correct about this idea. CyanoTex (talk) 12:21, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- Developer I would like to make it more peer to peer friendly and also I can have graphical user interface more designed to fit the in the interest of women. Hasan4463 (talk) 17:07, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- Lots of good ideas that need incorporating in some of the other proposals. Hopefully, accepted those organizing accepted proposals will be looking back through some of those that weren't sufficiently organized for good ideas. Carolmooredc (talk) 15:55, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Do you want to submit your idea for funding from the Wikimedia Foundation?