Grants:IdeaLab/Expand Russian Wiktionary
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Multitran is a Russian dictionary very popular in Russia. According to Alexa, it has way more female visitors than male visitors, unlike Wiktionary.
• Nemo bisthis project needs...
created on11:39, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
- Russian users don't understand or can't benefit from freely licensed dictionaries, even though the Russian Wiktionary is one of the most successful.
- Female editors seem more likely to contribute on collaborative dictionaries other than Wiktionary, in particular Multitran.
What is your solution?
Investigate what made Multitran successful (probably the same things which worked in some Wiktionaries: mass imports and easy editing). Implement some missing things in the Russian Wiktionary. Attract more users and/or make Multitran users import their contributions on Wiktionary.
- I think it is a good idea to look at success stories outside of WMF space. Libcub (talk) 01:32, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- DD A. CA Pitisco Pitisco (talk) 12:19, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Do you want to submit your idea for funding from the Wikimedia Foundation?