Grants:IdeaLab/Rapid video tutorial creation
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
We wanted to inspire people to create more video content
What is your solution?
We created a simple prototype video using iconography sketches, and phone cameras with narration.
- Volunteer Draw things. Willowbl00 (talk) 15:01, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
- Volunteer Links to existing tutorials, for potential updates. Quiddity (talk) 02:47, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- Volunteer Translation and drafting intros. Liang(WMTW) (talk) 15:19, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
- wxvqfq 220.127.116.11 15:16, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
Old but similar Grants proposals
- Grants:IEG/Wikipedia and Public Relations: Instructional Video and Webinar Series
- Grants:IdeaLab/Wikisource training conference or videos
- Grants:IEG/Wiki Makes Video
- https://tools.wmflabs.org/videoconvert/server/php/files/9641cee67fb008123eff667e8d1a12ca/Wiki%20Meetup.mov [dead link]
- The below would serve as the category landing page for HowTo videos.
- en:WP:SCREENCAST - this was a project that 10 people put together in 2010. Some tutorials on how to make a screencast
What kind of videos
- specific topic for each
- short (about 2min)
- what user/people needs
- possible to fork
- easy to translate & easy to adapt to dif community rules/interfaces/culture
Possible video titles/topics
- Hosting a pleasant editathon [1st prototype]
- What belongs to Wikipedia
- What I can do when my article gets deleted?
- Where I can go for help?
- Where I can resolve conflicts?
- How to properly edit?
In Progress / Want Help
Video Done, Need Audio
Script Done, Need Video
Other Requested Tweaks
- Mz PopCorn https://popcorn.webmaker.org/
Making a New Video
All sorts of awesome resources exist for this.
Consider making an animation or other non-text-based video, so that others can re-dub easily.