Grants:IdeaLab/Search recent changes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A search engine for recent changes text, context, and metadata
contact emailEllenCT's talk page
created on20:17, 16 March 2016 (UTC)
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
A search index for recent changes would be able to help people find whether a fact has been updated, study patterns of editing, and help spot advocacy and COI editing.
What is your solution?
Implementing a search index and providing a search engine for each diff of each revision (recent changes) on a wiki in real time, optionally with or without context and metadata.
- A search form with
- a text input box;
- a pre-checked checkmark labeled, "search added, removed, and changed text of each revision";
- a checkbox labeled, "search the full text of the diffs showing each revision";
- a checkbox labeled "search the usernames and IP addresses saving each revision"; and
- two date input fields, labeled "from date" and "to date" representing the early and late bounds of the search when either or both are filled, respectively.
- Performing the search will link to the matching list of diffs, with summary excerpt information such as username, date, and keywords in context.
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
- IdeaLab/Ideas/Inspire/Content curation & review
- IdeaLab/Ideas/Project manager/Wanted
- IdeaLab/Ideas/Community organizer/Wanted
- IdeaLab/Ideas/Tools and technology