This grant was approved in the amount of $600 for food, coffee, and snacks.
- Legal name of chapter
- Not a chapter grant / Group request
- Grant contact name
- Srikanth Lakshmanan
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- Srikanth Lakshmanan
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Celebration at Bangalore
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- 07 Jan 2011
- Provisional completion date
- 15 Jan 2011
- Food, Coffee & Snacks : USD 600
- Posters,Brochures,Publicity,logistics : USD 400
Excess funds(if any) would be used for future Bangalore wikimedia events / Wikimedia events coordinated by Bangalore wikipedians in others places.
Update: February 01, 2011
The Bangalore event was mainly covered by local sponsors and while some bill payments are still pending, in the event that this Bangalore event is fully covered by local sponsors, we would like permission to transfer these funds to the Wikimedia Chapter in India for general use by the Chapter.
Wikimedia Bangalore is an active community of wikimedians across different Indian language Wikiprojects who regularly meet,discuss, share experiences, reach out and advocate for wikipedia and wikimedia. Wikipedia X is great opportunity for the wikimedian volunteers in the city to reach out to a larger audience in general public. A day long event is being planned on Jan 15,2011 -- Bangalore page on Ten wikipedia
- Organising a wikimeetup for editors and general public.
- Recruiting new editors, volunteers of all forms into movement with increased awareness.
- Publicising Wikipedia 10th Anniversary celebrations.
- Encouraging joint, collaborative projects between various special interest groups and Wikipedians at the meetup.
To reach out to wide cross section of society about Wikipedia and get more participation from people from all walks of life into the movement and publicize Wikipedia as a movement and bring more awareness.
- Foundation has been supportive shipping tenwiki:Design/Merchandise for few.
- Permission to use logo on banners / publicity material etc.
Fit to strategy
The project aims to increase awareness among the general public in Bangalore,India. The special focus to geography like India where there is a long way to go for the movement make this perfectly fit to the strategy
We believe this experience of hosting one day event will be useful for hosting future large scale Wikipedia events like Wikimedia India Conference or Wikimania in future.
Measures of success
Increased Awareness,a successful meet of atleast 200 community members / Wikipedia enthusiasts in the city of Bangalore and increased participation in Wikimedia activities going forward