Grants:PEG/Wikipedian from Republic of Srpska/Trace of a Soul
- See the discussion page of this grant request for more information.
- Since this grant was withdrawn, no report is required and no further action is required from the grantee.
Grant request details
- Are you an organization, a group, or an individual?
- Please provide your name, or the name of the group or organization requesting this grant.
- Wikipedians from Republic of Srpska
- Please provide the name (or username) of the main contact for this grant request. You do not need to disclose your legal name publicly.
- Bojana Podgorica
- For groups and organizations only: Please provide the name (or username) of a second contact for this grant request.
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
- Please link to any relevant documents, including your website if you have one.
- NA - the web site will be launched very soon
- Official project name
- Trace of a Soul/Wiki loves Republic of Srpska
- Project start date
- This is the date you begin work on your project. Please include a month, day, and year. You must include a project start date.
- 1 July 2014
- Project completion date
- This is the date you finish work on your project. Please include a month, day, and year. You must include a project completion date.
- 15 December 2014
- Please describe the project in a few sentences
- This will be the first Wikipedians project in Republic of Srpska organized by community. The project is all about collecting free photos of monuments and heritage. Other goals are community capacity building.
Please request your grant in your local currency. WMF is able to grant funds in many currencies.
- Amount and currency requested
- Please provide an equivalent amount in US dollars using the exchange rate provided by Oanda on the date you open this request
For organizations only
This section only needs to be completed by organizations requesting grants. Individuals and groups that are not incorporated do not need to complete this section.
- Are you an incorporated organization able to provide local proof of nonprofit status within your country? For-profit organizations are not eligible to receive grants through the PEG program.
- Answer YES or NO.
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
- Does your organization currently employ or engage any fulltime or part-time staff or contractors? If yes, please tell us how many staff or contractors you employ or engage, along with their functions or a link to your staff page. For example, "2 full time program managers and 1 part-time contractor accountant at 50% FTE each."
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
Goals and measures of success
Please briefly describe what will be accomplished if the project is successful.
- Project goal
- This project has local and global goals. Local goal: This project will be organized with the help of volunteers from Republic of Srpska who are making an effort so the first Wiki project could be successfully implemented in this region. Project will help strengthening enthusiasm and give support for forming Wiki community in Republic of Srpska. One of the goal is promotion of Wikimedia Serbia among users and partners for potential cooperation. This popularization of using Wikimedia projects is global goal.
Measures of success
Please provide a list of measurable criteria that will be used determine how successful the project is. You will need to report on the success of the project according to these measures after the project is completed.
- Measures of success
- We will consider this project a success if we have total of minimum 20 participants, total of minimum 3 partnerships, total of minimum 1000 uploads (photos), total of minimum 50 photos used in Wikipedia's articles, one public debate about Wikimedia and Wikipedia, one exhibition.
Project scope and activities
This section describes what will happen if this project is funded. Who will do what, and when? It will be 4 volunteers in Republic of Srpska who will do local preparation and 2 people from WMRS, who will be supervisors and who will provide help and consulting.
- List of activities
- July: Forming team and preparing project documentation
- August/September: Grant request, web site, lists, finding judges, media promotion of a project and social network, public debate
- September/October: Photo contest
- October/November: Selection of photos and exhibition with prize giving event
Please provide a detailed breakdown of project expenses according to the instructions here.
Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
- Project budget table
|Number||Category||Item Description||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost (EUR)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Prizes||I, II and III prize||900||1,217|
|2||Prize giving event||One prize giving event||300||406||Event will be in Višegrad|
|3||Printing material||Pictures and promotional material||500||676||It will be printed top 15 photos.|
|4||Preparation, communication and minimum one photo exhibition||bus tickets, cost of mobile phone, transport of photos etc||300||406|
- Total cost of project
- 2,000 EUR
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants program
- 1,000 EUR
- Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded
- 1,000 EUR-Wikimedia Serbia
See a description of non financial assistance available. Please inform Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requirements for non-financial assistance now.
- Requests for non-financial assistance
Resources and Risks
This section is used to highlight your potential for successfully executing this project.
Consider including the following information:
- List of team members (names or usernames):Bojana Podgorica, Danka Mitrović, Dragana Zečević, Ivana Madžarević plus 2 volunteers
- Onwiki evidence of community support (such as a project about this discussion):E-mails, telephone and skype meetings. Also meeting on EduWiki Conference 2014 in Belgrade.
- Endorsements from community members or movement groups:
- Special skills or qualifications this potential grantee or project lead brings to this project:Bojana is a teacher in school and manager of many project in local theatre. Professor Danka is secretary of Andrić Institute.
- Evidence of past success in executing similar projects:
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
This section is used to identify key risks or threats that would prevent you from achieving your project goals and how you would mitigate those risks and threats.
- Small numbers of participants because Wikimedians didn't have any project in Republic of Srpska yet. After this we will expect that in the future projects involvement will be higher. Promotion, media activities, presence on social network and public debate will help in introducing people with projects and sharing information about Wikimedian activities.
In the sections below, please describe how the project is related to the Wikimedia mission and Wikimedia's strategic priorities.
Fit to strategy
- How will this project support the key organizational objectives of
- increasing reach (more people will access or contribute to Wikipedia or our other projects),
- participation (more people actually contributing),
- quality (more content, more useful content, or higher-quality content),
- credibility (more trust in our projects),
- organizational maturity and effectiveness (how it will move you or the Wikimedia community forward),
- or financial sustainability (how it will help you achieve more in the long run)?
- This statement should address at least one of the strategic priorities listed here specifically. See Project and Event Grants program criteria for decision making.
- Increasing reach - Every photo contest attracts new users who are sending their work which directly affect quantity of content (in this case Wikimedia Commons) and quality of Wikipedia (through usage of this photos). Cooperation with GLAM and other institution shows credibility of Wikimedia through their trust in us and our work. Every project like this one, where we have team, empower cooperation between members.
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.
- This project will show people and contributors from Republic of Srpska that they also can be active in project and participating in global movement activities. This means that they can contribute not just online (editing Wikimedian projects) but offline as well (such as organizing this project)
- This projects is related with WLM, WLE and outreach.
- Please provide a brief statement about how the project is related to other work in the Wikimedia movement. For example, does the project fit into a work area such as GLAM, education, organizational development, editor retention, or outreach?
- Cooperation with Andrić Institute will be start of GLAM cooperation in Republic of Srpska. Taking into account that Bojana is working at school, she will promote usage Wikipedia in education.
- If successful, will the project have the potential to be replicated successfully by other individuals, groups, or organizations? Please explain how in 1–2 sentences.
- Photo contest will show to smaller organization or individuals or groups that even if they didn't organize any particular event/project, there's hope they can do that. If group have some will and enthusiasm to do so, this project will be witness of it.
- Please list other benefits to the movement here.