Jump to navigation Jump to search
Congratulations on your funded Conference Grant request! Please follow the instructions below and provide the requested information and documents needed to process your grant.
Information and documents needed to process your grant
- Email grantsadminwikimedia.org. If you cannot view or have difficulty editing the pdf forms, you may provide the requested information in the body of your email instead of completing the pdf forms.
[Information requested] YOUR CONFERENCE GRANT NAMEin your email's subject line. This allows us to more easily identify your email, since we process many grants and receive emails from grantees throughout the life cycle for each grant.]
required to issue your agreement
- Grant information form[a]: Provide information so that we list the correct information in your agreement.
- Grantee information form[b] and identification documents: Provide information and scanned copies of unexpired government-issued IDs for all persons with bank account access to grant funds, including the person or people signing your agreement.
required to send your grant funds to you
- Bank document: Provide a document from your bank showing who has access to the bank account where grant funds will be received and kept. We need this information to make sure WMF is complying with US regulations, and so it is required for all grantees.
The document should include the account number (last few digits is okay), all account signatories, and something that verifies the document is from your banking institution.
There are a number of ways to satisfy this request, but the most common document we receive are a bank letter signed by a bank representative or an email directly from the bank representative to us at grantsadminwikimedia.org.
- Bank information form[c]: Provide your detailed joint bank information, including any country specific requirements (e.g. for India, IFSC; Brazil, CPF; UK, Sort Code + Acct# + IBAN; Colombia, phone including country code; etc.) If your bank has specific wire instructions for receiving funds from a US bank, please provide those as well.
For groups, we also request a joint or multi-user bank account be used for the grant. A personal/single user account may be used, if the account is solely used for the group's activities and there is at least one other person with authorized access to the bank account. We understand that countries may have different laws and practices so, if it is especially difficult to establish a joint bank account or to authorize another person to access an individual bank account, please let us know. We will work with you to find a solution.
What to expect throughout your grant
- Grant agreement: Once we receive the information and documents requested, we will review them, draft your agreement, and send it to you with a request for your signature.
- Payment: Once we receive your signed agreement, we will provide you the details of when to expect your grant funds. Please note that there may be some grants that will be paid as a reimbursement after grant reporting is completed and all grant receipts have been received by WMF. Grantees typically know in advance if their grant will be paid at the completion of the grant.
- Confirmation: Please email grantsadminwikimedia.org once the wired funds have been released to your bank account. Or let us know if 7 business days have passed, and you have not received the funds sent.
- Reporting: Your final report is due within 60 days of the completion date listed in your grant proposal and signed grant agreement. Reporting requirements and instructions are at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Conference/Evaluate-and-report
Links to forms needed to process your grant
- We take your privacy seriously. If you prefer to send scans of your ID via GPG encryption or through another secure method that you are comfortable with, please let us know when you reply to this information request. We are happy to find a solution that works best with you.