Jump to navigation Jump to search
Congratulations on your funded grant request! Please follow the instructions below and provide the requested information and documents needed to process your grant.
Information and documents needed to process your grant
- Email rapidgrantswikimedia.org. If you cannot view or have difficulty editing the pdf forms, you may provide the requested information in the body of your email instead of completing the pdf forms.
[Information requested] YOUR RAPID GRANT NAMEin your email's subject line. This allows us to more easily identify your email, since we process many grants and receive emails from grantees throughout the life cycle for each grant.
- Grant information form[a]: Provide information about you and your grant, so that we list details correctly in your agreement.
- Identification document/s: Provide scanned copies of unexpired government-issued identification documents for all persons signing your grant agreement and/or has bank account access to the account where grant funds will be sent and stored.
- Bank document: Provide a document from your bank showing who has access to the bank account where grant funds will be received and kept. We need this information to make sure WMF is complying with US regulations.
The document should include the account number (last few digits is okay), all account signatories, and something that verifies the document is from your banking institution.
There are a number of ways to satisfy this request, but the most common document we receive is a bank letter signed by a bank representative or an email directly from the bank representative to us at grantsadminwikimedia.org.
- Bank information form [b]: Provide your detailed bank information, including any country specific requirements (e.g. for India, IFSC; Brazil, CPF; Italy, personal tax ID#; UK, Sort Code + Acct# + IBAN; Colombia, phone# with country code, etc.) If your bank has specific wire instructions for receiving funds from a US bank, please provide those as well.
What to expect throughout your grant
- Grant agreement: Once we receive the information and documents requested, we will review them, draft your agreement, and send to you with a request for your signature.
- Payment: Once we receive your signed agreement, we will provide with the details of when to expect your grant funds. Please note that there may be some grants that will be paid as a reimbursement after grant reporting is completed and all grant receipts have been received by WMF. Grantees typically know in advance if their grant will be paid at the completion of the grant.
- Confirmation: Please email grantsadminwikimedia.org once you have received the wired funds. Or let us know if 7 business days have passed, and you've not received the funds sent.
- Reporting: Your final report is due within 30 days of the completion date listed in your grant proposal and signed grant agreement. Reporting requirements and instructions are at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/Report
Links to forms needed to process your grant
- We take your privacy seriously. If you prefer to send scans of your ID through another secure method that you are comfortable with, please let us know at grantswikimedia.org when you reply to this information request. We are happy to find a solution that works for all parties. One option is sending a password protected compressed file of the sensitive information requested to grantsadminwikimedia.org, and we will provide you with a mobile number to text the password (with options of using Signal/Telegram, if grantee is outside the US). More information related to privacy and grants is at Grants:Administration/Privacy FAQ.