Report Status: Accepted
Due date: 2023-02-28T00:00:00Z
Funding program: Wikimedia Community Fund
Report type: Midterm
This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their midpoint report. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
This form is for organizations receiving Wikimedia Community Funds (General Support) or Wikimedia Alliances Funds to report on their mid-term learning and results. See the Wikimedia Community Fund application if you want to review the initial proposal.
- Name of Organization: Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska
- Title of Proposal: Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska/One-Year General Support Grant/2022-2023
- Amount awarded: 38895.82 USD, 36343.76 EUR
- Amount spent: 16514 EUR
Part 1 Understanding your work
1. Briefly describe how your strategies and activities proposed were implemented and if any changes to what was proposed are worth highlighting?
- In order for the activities and strategic tasks of our community to be implemented, it was necessary to adhere to the plan and clearly focus on the target groups. In connection with the indicated period - to certain GLAM and Edu institutions.
2. Were there any strategies or approaches that you feel are being effective in achieving your goals?
- Although our partners come from different spheres, the most important thing at the first contact is to clearly and transparently point out all the benefits that the institution or individual receives as a result of cooperation (whether it is the acquisition of new skills and knowledge, whether it is concrete and practical things like QRpedia codes that museums receive as part of the cooperation project). The approach is especially important in cases of cooperation with Edu institutions and academic communities in which there are many misconceptions and which generally have a negative attitude towards Wikipedia. Where there is skepticism, we try to clarify that we do not present Wikipedia as a universal source of knowledge, but rather we are working on its improvement so that it will soon become a relevant source of knowledge.
3. What challenges or obstacles have you encountered so far?
- Our biggest challenge is often the negligent attitude of our partners towards the anticipated and agreed deadlines. It often happens that due to factors related to partner institutions, the beginning of the realization of a project is prolonged (exhibitions, extraordinary obligations of associate professors, participation in some other profit projects, etc.). Although we plan the calendar of events and define the obligations of each party in the Cooperation Agreement, it still occasionally happens that the deadlines are moved. In that case, we do not cancel the cooperation, but we also adapt.
4. Please describe how different communities are participating and being informed about your work.
- Communities are directly informed about our past and current activities. Every community in its domain provides a contribution to our work and our results through cooperation at different levels. One example is interest in QRPEDIA codes. After the QR PEDIA codes are marked in the Museum in Doboj, the local tourist organization has shown interested in cooperation with us and sought help with marking important monuments and historical buildings in Doboj with QR Pedia codes. Also, one of the most significant examples is cooperation with Aachen network and with theaters coming from 7 different countries. Cooperation was established thanks to many years of cooperation with DIS Theater from Banja Luka within the GLAM program. Certainly, the community reports the general public and certain target groups about its activities through the site, blog, social networks, guests in different TV and radio shows and the like.
5. Please share reflections on how your efforts are helping to engage participants and/or build content, particularly for underrepresented groups.
- Our community has been working on building a network of associates and co-workers with whom we maintain regular cooperation - within all our programs, which contributes to a later superstructure. As for the gap in the content or in terms of working with less represented groups, we have been investing efforts for overcoming the gap for several years through various thematic activities targeted by certain groups (Viki women in Republic of Srpska, Roma, ethnic diversity, religious commitment).
6. In your application, you outlined your learning priorities. What have you learned so far about these areas during this period?
- We learned that competitions or choosing interesting topics for competitions or actions in writing articles is most effective for creating quality content. Also, that it is necessary for the community's progress and growth to invest a lot of mentoring and to leave space for the autonomy and creativity of new active members.
7. What are the next steps and opportunities you’ll be focusing on for the second half of your work?
- In the coming period, we will engage in terms of projects that are in the process, and we realize those whose realization is planned for the second half of the grant period. Among them are Wikimedian in residence, Conference for professors, Editing contest for students, Annual Conference, Wikimedia CEE Spring.
Part 2: Metrics
8a. Open and additional metrics data.
|Number of participants||The number of participants who attend events, programs and activities online or in person, in GLAM, Education and Community all together, including new participants and returning participants.||630||326||N/A||Manual counting.|
|Number of editors||The number of new registered participants in GLAM, Education and Community programs, all together.||200||60||N/A||Manual counting.|
|Number of organizers||Organizers and other outreach liaisons for GLAM, Education and Community programs, all together.||54||30||N/A||Manual counting.|
|Number of activities||The number of events in all our programs.||75||28||N/A||Manual counting.|
|Number of editors that continue to participate/retained after activities||Number of editors that continue to participate after activities.||100||22||N/A||Manual counting.|
|Number of organizers that continue to participate/retained after activities||The number of organizers that continue to participate.||20||12||N/A||Manual counting.|
|Number of strategic partnerships that contribute to longer term growth, diversity and sustainability||Number of institutions with which cooperation will continue.||40||12||N/A||Manual counting.|
|Feedback from participants on effective strategies for attracting and retaining contributors||Feedback from participants.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Diversity of participants brought in by grantees||N/A||20||7||N/A||Manual counting.|
|Number of people reached through social media publications||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Number of activities developed||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Number of volunteer hours||N/A||15000||7000||N/A||Manual counting.|
8b. Additional core metrics data.
|Number of participants||N/A|
|Number of editors||N/A|
|Number of organizers||N/A|
|Wikipedia||Number of content pages improved or created.||1660||526||N/A||Manual counting.|
|Wikimedia Commons||Number of upoladed photos.||3450||910||N/A||Manual counting.|
9. Are you having any difficulties collecting data to measure your results?
- No, due to the fact that we keep and monitor our results and results as many participants, new participants, content pages (whether in question, templates, shipped in the quarters and/or semi-annual periods.
10. Are you collaborating and sharing learning with Wikimedia affiliates or community members?
10a. Please describe how you have already shared them and if you would like to do more sharing, and if so how?
- We share our experience with other Wikimedians on annual gatherings such as conferences and seminars. At these events, the members of our organizational committee speak to their colleagues and project activists who are more or less unique and innovative for the world of Wikimedia.
11. Documentation of your work process, story, and impact.
- Below there is a section to upload files, videos, sound files, images (photos and infographics, e.g. communications materials, blog posts, compelling quotes, social media posts, etc.). This can be anything that would be useful to understand and show your learning and results to date (e.g., training material, dashboards, presentations, communications material, training material, etc).
- Below is an additional field to type in link URLs.
- Experiences of the participants of the Bina mira 2022, international theater festival who took part in the Wikipedia workshops:
Part 3: Financial reporting and compliance
12. Please state the total amount spent in your local currency.
13. Local currency type
14. Please report the funds received and spending in the currency of your fund.
- Upload Documents, Templates, and Files.
- Provide links to your financial reporting documents.
15. Based on your implementation and learning to date, do you have any plans to make changes to the budget spending?
15a. Please provide an explanation on how you hope to adjust this.
16. We’d love to hear any thoughts you have on how the experience of being a grantee has been so far.
- The introduction of the Fluxx platform made the process of applying and working with documentation significantly easier.