Grants:Project/MSIG/Conversations communautaires sur la Charte du Mouvement, Sénégal - Togo/Report
Please respond to the following questions below:
Where have you published your draft plan? Share the link to it here:
- Movement Charter/Community Consultations/2022/ Sénégal - Togo - n°1 en présentiel (Sénégal)
- Movement Charter/Community Consultations/2022/ Sénégal et au Togo - n°2 en ligne sur Zoom (Togo)
- Movement Charter/Community Consultations/2022/ Sénégal et au Togo - n°3 en ligne sur Zoom (Sénégal -Togo)
What Movement Strategy initiative is this draft plan supporting?
- 24. Movement Charter: To ensure that our communities in (Senegal and Togo) are fully engaged in conversations about the governance of the movement.
What activities have you completed to produce this draft plan?
We organised three conversations. One face-to-face with the Senegalese community and two online: the first with the Togolese community and the second with both communities. The discussions were held in French on the three chapters: preamble, values and principles, roles and responsibilities. In order to receive comments, during the sections, after reading the different parties, participants were given a few minutes to reflect and take notes. Afterwards, the participants were given the opportunity to speak and give their opinions, remarks and criticisms which we note. This process was maintained for the three stages of the charter. When the sessions were on zoom, the participants were divided into two rooms. A restitution after the working sessions.
In which community channels have you announced your draft plan?
- We used WhatsApp to reach our different participants. After a first contact, we sent them personalized invitations by email.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Research (time to review, analyse or research any information needed to implement the ideas or planning):00
- Facilitation (facilitation time including facilitator preparation, meeting facilitation time and debriefing): 105
- Documentation (time to prepare documents, time spent documenting the discussion, post-meeting work): 75
- Translation (translation costs of conclusions and overall material):00
- Coordination (coordinator work to manage or support multiple workflows to prepare a meeting):105
- Online tools or services (subscription services to online meeting platforms, promotion on social media):29.98
- Data (internet or mobile phone charges for organisers or participants to access or participate in activities): 317,669
- Venue or meeting space. (costs of hiring a physical meeting space):00
- Transport costs (costs of supporting organisers or participants to attend the meeting): 160,666
- Meals (costs related to refreshments, lunches or other meals during face-to-face activities): 145,724
- Other: 00
TOTAL AMOUNT REQUESTED IN USD': 992 USD
- TOTAL AMOUNT SPENT : 939,039 USD
Do you have any remaining grant funds? Yes 52.961 USD
Anything else you want to share about your project? It was a very rewarding experience. We did not expect such a strong delegation from both countries to respond to our invitation. This shows the interest of our communities in the wikipedia movement. We are willing to continue working and mobilising more people for a future conversation.