Grants:Project/Rapid/Abubakar A Gwanki/Hausa Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in Kano metropolis/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Yes I meet my goals and I'm very happy of the event and we have achieved our goals.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|number of events: 1||1|
|Number of participants: 25||26||achieved|
|Number of new editors: 20||20||we have achieved our goals|
|Number of articles created or improved 50||67||we have achieved our goals|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? All the goals were achieved.
- What did not work so well? Due to traffic congestion in Kano, there was a late attendance of participants, and as a result the event was not started on time. the number of participants were unable to open an account due to a problem from the Account Creation we received. And then some of the new editors had a problem with editing because it was their first time.
- What would you do differently next time?
I will make sure to see participants attend the meeting on time and start it on time.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Hall - $300 - for Hall renting
- Food and Refreshments - $150 - for food and Refreshments for the Participants and Facilitators
- Data - $90 - for Data
- Graphic design (Pliers and Banners certificate) $104.93
- Transportation - $118.05
- Contingency - $80
Total - $842.98
Do you have any remaining grant funds? We don't have any remaining funds.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- I have uploaded some photos of the event to Commons under this Category
- As a result of our event we have interviewed many Kano residents on social media and I understand there are people who like to editing on Wikipedia. So they need special awareness about wikipedia. If possible I will raise awareness for the residents of Kano about how to editing and using Wikipedia.