Grants:Project/Rapid/B.Korlah/Art+Feminism 2022:Follow-up Editathon for Edo State NYSC Corp members/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes! I met all my goals in every area and even exceeded them and I am very happy with how the project went.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|At least 30 participants participate||33 participants participate in the event||The event saw over 30 participants as the corp member were so excited about Art+Feminism and our target was met|
|At least 15 new editors||20 new editors were recruited||After publicity, a lot of new editors showed great interest in participating in the event|
|At least 100 articles created or improved||A total of 13 articles was created and 231 articles improved totaling to a sum of 244 articles created or improved||Participants were so excited to edit Wikipedia|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
1. Edo state NYSC Corp members were very interested and enthusiastic to participate despite the event was postponed twice.
2. We were able to recruit more female editors and participants for the event.
3. I requested for the event coordinator rights on Wikipedia; this enabled me create Wikipedia account for the participants who were experiencing IP block and this ultimately enabled them to work faster and more efficiently.
- What did not work so well?
Basically the logistics issues that required us to postpone the event twice.
- What would you do differently next time?
I’d try to make adequate confirmations before fixing a date to avoid postponing the event
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Hall for 2 days @ $210/day = $420
- Food and Drinks; Tea break: $12 * 30 * 2day = $720
- Local Transportation = $160
- Souvenirs for participants =$5 * 30 =$150
- Branded Shirt (For facilitators) and top participants =$160
- Internet support to active participants and Communications = $300
- Prizes = $250 (Top 5 Editors)
- $50 Shopping voucher for top 5 editors each
- Banners and Design for awareness and event = $85
- Miscellaneous (Logistics, Bank Charges and other Miscellaneous) = $100
Total Budget = $2345
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?
Photos from the event have been placed in category here : 
Metrics from outreach dashboard can be seen here: