Grants:Project/Rapid/CyberTroopers/Wiki Loves Earth 2020 in Malaysia/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Overall, we are very pleased with this project. During 2020, a huge drastic were seen in this contest. The number of participants participating exceeded our target - which we targetted the number would increase of 5 participants each year but this time, which is the second time this contest is organized in Malaysia which saw a double increase compared to our expectations. We have a total of 167 uploaders that uploaded their photos with 963 photos uploaded into the Wikimedia Commons through this contest.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|90 participants||167 participants||A double increase than expected|
|330 photo upload||963 photos uploaded||We expect 1 participants will upload 6 photos|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The promotion of this competition is very satisfying as it manages to attract so many entries by Malaysians. We get a lot of feedback and messages through our contact page from the participants.
- What did not work so well?
- Jurying tool delays the submission of this report as this report depends entirely on the results of the competition. We experienced technical problems in the use of the tool that cause the selection of winners had to be postponed and done manually by the jurors. I use Montage tool to select eligible criteria of photos in the contest. The next stage we use Jury Tool but the tools unable the other jury from logging in]. Also, we cannot use Montage because the metrics isn't same with the standards we created.
- We face difficulties while waiting for the participants' response to fill out the form for sending gifts.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We will provide a backup plan for technical issues such as this one. We will not focus on just one tool but will provide some equipment in preparation if one does not work.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
Received budget: RM 2,417.70 - RM 3.00 (charged by the local bank) = RM 2, 414.70
|1st place prize||400.00||Gift card|
|2nd place prize||200.00||Gift card|
|3rd place prize||100.00||Gift card|
|4th - 10th place prize||350.00||Gift card (RM50 each winner)|
|Most high quality submission||100.00||Gift card|
|Additional prize for Top 10 winners and 5 juries||300.00||Polaroid photos|
|Additional prize for Top 3 winners and 5 juries||360.00||Printed books of Wiki Loves Earth and Wikimedia Project|
|Appreciation gift for organization represented by juries||210.00||Plaque|
|Total||2020.00||Prizes & gifts|
|Offline promotion||11.50||Printed flyers (100 pcs)|
|Offline promotion||33.70||Banner promotion|
|Online promotion||50.00||Poster designer|
|Prizes management||45.00||Card, printing and computerr service|
|Prizes management||9.60||Envelopes for gifts, scissors and glue|
|Prizes management||10.00||Envelopes printing service|
|Postage||241.50||Prize deliveries to top 10 winner and 5 juries|
Total altogether : RM2421.30
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
No. We have insufficient RM6.60 but it has been covered by a sponsor from our group member.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
During 2020, a huge drastic were seen in this contest. We have a total of 167 uploaders that uploaded their photos.
A total of 963 photos has been uploaded throughout the competition. The due date were supposed to be at the end of the June, but the WLEMY committee has extended the deadline till 31 July due to the historical pandemic, COVID-19. This pandemic did indeed affect the number of entries in the contest, therefore the committee has extended the date. This is because Malaysians do not have access to these heritage sites because they were closed by the government. In addition to the movement order which limiting the movement of people to the area. However, we are very happy to see so many contest entries by the participants and this is a very interesting achievment. Funds from WMF helps us in this drastic change and we are so glad to receive it.