Grants:Project/Rapid/Equipements pour le Groupe d'utilisateurs de Wikimédia Côte d'Ivoire (WCUG-CI)/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Add or improve content related to Côte d'Ivoire
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Please report on your original project targets.
During the short period from June to July 2019, the equipment contributed to some of our projects and we can give the following dates as results:
- Workshop of June 22, 2019 at the Goethe Institute: This workshop allowed us to record more than 190 articles.
- 29 June and 20 July 2019 workshop Wiki Kouman: The equipment was requested to participate in the workshops of Wiki Kouman. They have contributed to the creation and improvement of several articles and the recording of the pronunciation.
- Workshop on 28 and 31 June with members of the Club-Wiki of the Virtual University of Côte d'Ivoire (UVCI): During this period, Club-Wiki members with the help of the equipment were able to create a simple utility to generate edition-a-thon lists. The generated list consists mainly of articles with bad references or syntax. This application will be of great help to the user group Wikimedia Côte d'Ivoire in the preparation of our edicts-a-thons.
- 03 and 24 July staff meeting for the organization of the Strategic Weekend and the organization of the strategic workshop on capacity building with Zeuner.
- 27 and 29 July strategic workshop with Zeuner and activity report.
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
What worked well?
The purchase of the computers allowed the user group to pilot several activities that I have listed above. Also one of our Wiki clubs that we managed to create when the Wiki Education project was implemented in 2018, managed to create a simple utility for generating edit-a-thon lists. The generated list mostly consist of articles with poor references or syntax.
What did not work so well?
- The delay in responding to the grant: Our user group had hoped that the equipment would arrive a little earlier so that it could be used for activities Wiki likes women, Wikiquote, Wiki Kouman and others.
- The price of the equipment: We bought more expensive devices than expected because, those that had been booked at the beginning were no longer available. So we bought what was available with the same features.
Is there anything else you want to tell us about the equipment?
The User Group is currently organising the Strategic Weekend scheduled for August 02 and 03, 2019. The four aircraft will be present to contribute to the two strategic shows. Once all these events are over, an office meeting will be held to determine the distribution of computers to enable all our projects to achieve our goals.
Grant funds spent
|Expense type||Total (XOF)||Total ( USD)||Actual Expenditure (USD)||Notes|
|Laptop||1 140 000||1.968.80||2 072.40||We bought more expensive devices than expected because, those that had been booked at the beginning were no longer available.|
|Transportation to buy the equipments||15 000||25.907||25.907|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?
Since purchasing computers, the user group is working more efficiently and may consider working on larger projects.
- Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/2019 Community Conversations/Strategy Salons/Reports/Wikimedia Côte d'Ivoire
- Grants:Project/UG CI/Les Classes Wikipedia (Wikipedia Classroom)/Final