Grants:Project/Rapid/Gikü/Photo expedition before WLE 2017 in Moldova/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- All the goals were met, and I am very happy with how it all went. EcoFM team proved themselves to be perfect partners; they share our interest in Moldova environment and its protection.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|at least 100 photos uploaded||almost 300 photos uploaded|
|at least 10 protected areas illustrated||10 protected areas illustrated|
|at least one image per each Wikidata item||all 10 Wikidata items were provided images and links to Commons category|
|random pictures of settlement and places on the road||approx. 10 such images uploaded|
|around 50% increase of number of participants (up from 17)||current (June 6) number of participants is 43; even if we suppose only 30 have eligible images, the increase is still there||wikiexpedition is only one of the factors contributing here; there were a lot of improvements from last year's contest|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Very nice atmosphere, weather was beautiful.
- We localized sites fast.
- We benefited from help from the locals.
- Ratio between time spent and productivity was good; we did not feel exhausted nor bored. Means the route was fine.
- One of the sites we could not visit I visited after a month on my own.
- What did not work so well?
- We often split routes so that we can explore more of a given site. DLSR camera was on EcoFM team; WLE Moldova team only had a crappy Xperia camera. More than half of the images were taken with Xperia.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Use better cameras.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- 200.00 MDL - diesel fuel
- 94.44 MDL - snacks on the road, incl. water
- 251.00 MDL - lunch for four persons
- 209.25 MDL - dinner (delivery of 3 pizzas)
This sums up to an amount of 754.69 MDL. At the time of writing this report, this amount translated to 36.5117 EUR.
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- The original requested amount was 800 MDL. In the email thread with Community Resources, it's been decided that we'll change to requested amount from 800 MDL to 754.69 MDL so that we don't have to worry about returns. So no, no remaining grant funds.
- see Commons category with photos from the event: c:Category:Wikiexpedition before Wiki Loves Earth 2017 in Moldova
Here is the table featuring what items from the list of protected areas of Moldova have been covered:
-  did not really keep track, with several other contributors to the category during WLE contest; the wikiexpedition contrib however is 63 new images
-  It was too far in the woods, I went on the bike a month later and took pictures
-  Road was too bad in the village
Here are some photos of the WLE Moldova and EcoFM teams during the wikiexpedition (description in file details pages).