Grants:Project/Rapid/GuillaumeG/Wiki Loves Africa Senegal 2020/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
We have met our goals, despite the pandemic. We have received more pictures than planned (+33%) from more participants (+30%).
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants: 50||65|||
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 500||667|||
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 30||189|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- We have organized a photohunt in Thiès (the Senegalese "rail city") and a visit of a Bus factory. We have taken rare pictures, there is no other African vehicle factory with a category on Commons.
- We have done the complete checking of the uploaded pictures (copyright, category, etc.) and have added them on the wikimedia projects (189 different images used).
- What did not work so well?
- Most of the pictures come from a few regions (Dakar, Thiès).
- We did not have social media account before the launch of the event. We have some interactions with our posts (including from institutional accounts) but it is unsatisfactory. We need to have more followers before the beginning of the next contest.
- We have canceled most of our activities because of the covid pandemic and we did not replace it with online events.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Encourage the participation in all the regions (one prize per region?).
- Organize "retention" activities.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Items||Planned (FCFA)||Spent (FCFA)||Planned ($)||Spent ($)||Explanation|
|Photohunts + upload events||345,000||75,000||586.72||127.55||Only 1 photohunt|
|Awards ceremony||85,000||0||144.55||0||No ceremony|
|Transportation/Phone for volunteers||100,000||100,000||170.06||170.06||ok|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
We have remaining FCFA 475,000 (USD 807.80). We want to use it for Wiki Loves Africa 2021. A grant request is on progress.
Anything else you want to share about your project?