Grants:Project/Rapid/Hadassahlove/WikiForHumanRights on LGBT in Nigeria/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|2 Number of events||We had 2 events||The event was hosted in Lagos and Abuja|
|50 Number of participants||we had a total of 38 participants||Lagos edition had 26 participants while Abuja had 12 participants as its the first edition and so participants was discrete|
|95% Number of new editors||100% new participants was recorded||All of the participants were new to Wikipedia.|
|200 Number of of articles created or improved||We had good number of edits.||9 new Wikipedia was created and over 100 edits made.|
Link to the program dashboard where the metrics of the campaign can be found here
Some of the pictures from the event:
The Lagos edition
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The partnership with Bisi Alimi Foundation proved very effective as they provided participants and venue to use.
- Having speakers and support from the Wikimedia LGBT+ usergrpup proved very useful.
- The participants were excited about the event as it was indeed a knowledge bridge for them.
- The funds arrived promptly and was effectively used.
- The environment used was very conducive and very helpful.
- Ayokanmi breakdown of the training was very useful and simple for the participants to assimilate.
- What did not work so well?
- The one day training wasn't enough as it didn't offer enough time for the participants to effectively use the training.
- We couldn't accommodate all the participants that showed interest because of the COVID19 regulations and yet some confirmed participants didnt show up.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Make sure the training is atleast 2-days.
- Make sure each participants fully confirm before the training or be swapped.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Foods and drinks||60||5,000||3000,000||810.81||The participants are grateful for the meals after a long day of learning as it was really needed|
|2||Internet||1||85,355||85,355||230.68||The spectranet internet purchased proved very useful and excite the participants.|
|3||Customized shirts||6||4,000||24,000||64.86||The shirts for top contributors was very useful and increased the morale of he participants.|
|4||Local transport for facilitators traveling||2||65,000||130,000||351.35||This was needed for air travel to Abuja for Ayokanmi and I and also road travels.|
|5||Branded Nose Mask and hand sanitizers||50||1,500||75,000||202.7||This was important due to the realities of things as a result of the pandemic and proved very useful.|
|6||Participants Pack (Biros, book, pamphlet)||50||1,200||60,000||162.16||This is like a souvenir for each participants and proved useful.|
|7||Media coverage||-||50,000||50,000||135.13||This is the cost of online banner and promotions|
|8||Contingency||-||-||15,645||42.28||Calls, bank charges, logistics, paper printout etc...|
Grant funds spent
A total of 740,000 Nigerian naira (2,000 USD) was spent
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
.No, i dont
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- More pictures from the event can be found here