Grants:Project/Rapid/Igbo Wikimedians Usergroup/Adandiigbo Cultural Event Participation/Report
The project goals were met.
The project goals were met. More awareness for the Igbo Wikimedians User Group, more awareness for Wikimedia Projects, led to partnership with the Adandiigbo Cultural Pagent, publication of the User Group and it’s activities in the Pageantry Magazine which will become a yearly publication.
Please report on your original project targets.
We had a speaking slot to present the Igbo Wikimedians User Group and it’s activities to attendees and also there was publication of the User Group and it’s activities in the Pageantry Magazine which will become a yearly publication through our partnership.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of Presentation Attendees (30+)||Number of Presentation Attendees (35+)|
|Number of new potential Partnerships (1)||Number of new Partnerships (1)||The targeted number of new potential partnerships was 1 and the actual outcome was 1.|
|Number of outreach activity participants (30+)||Number of outreach activity participants (35+)||The number of outreach activity participants was more.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The pageantry participants were glad to learn about the User Group.
- Some of the contestants showed interest in becoming editors.
- The project helped create awareness of Igbo Wikimedians User Group.
- What did not work so well?
- I had no idea beauty pageantries were done late at night till dawn. I lacked sleep which I didn’t prepare for as I had to travel back the next day. It was a bit of a challenge for me.
- What would you do differently next time?
- I will get a bit of sleep during the day.
Grant funds spent
- Flight Tickets = $208.8
- Accommodation = $305
- Taxi from and to Owerri Airport = $83.3
- Food = $25
- Local transport to and from Abuja Airport = $20.8
Total = $642.9
I am excited at how far the Igbo Wikimedians User Group has come in a short period.