Grants:Project/Rapid/Igbo Wikimedians Usergroup/Adandiigbo Cultural Event Participation
Please see the sample Travel application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Expand network of potential partners
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects
- Recruit new editors
- To ensure that content production and consumption in the various Igbo Language platforms of Wikimedia is given front row focus.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- To create partnership, introduce Wikimedia Projects to more Igbo people and organisations in South East Nigeria.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- Yes we were given a speaking slot to present Igbo Wikimedians Usergroup and also an advert space to advertise the Usergroup and call for new editors in the organization's magazine
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- Workshop and Meeting
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- Social Media, and an advert on the organization's magazine
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- The Director and Team members, Adandiigbo Cultural Pageant
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation attendees:30+
- Number of new potential partners:1
- Number of outreach activity participants:30+
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
- Training Venue
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Flight Tickets = $208.8
- Accommodation = $305
- Taxi from and to Owerri Airport = $83.3
- Food = $25
- Local transport to and from Abuja Airport = $20.8
Total = $642.9
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- This project will create awareness of Wikimedia Projects and increase the prospects of partnership. Uzoma 17:31, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- This is a relevant event as it will open partnership doors and networking opportunities on shared values. Blossom Ozurumba (talk) 20:57, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- It's a great way of creating awareness of the Igbo wikimedians user group. Oby Ezeilo (talk) 12:09, 18 November 2018 (UTC)