Grants:Project/Rapid/Kaizenify/Nigeria Independence Day campaign/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
The project was a huge success as we met all our set goals. Beyonfd this, it also provided an ample opportunity for lot of Nigerians to know about the work Wikipedia has been doing to bridge Nigeria information gap.
Lot of contenmts about Nigeria was also bridged during the edit-a-thons with several articles translated in various local and international languages. It also add a sense of pride seeing that Wikipedia celebrate Nigeria on her independence as echoed by sopme of the viewers.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1 event||1 edit-a-thon event was organized on zoom||The target was met as the edit-a-thon attracted various contributors|
|50 partipants||54 partipants participitated||We had a total of 54 partipants who participated in the project as recorded here|
|90% new editors||55% new editors||We had more experienced editors due to the interesting scope of the project compare to newer editors.|
|atleast 100 articles created or improved||About 66 new articles were created and over 50 improved||This was met and surpassed|
|atleast one video is produced and uploaded to Wikimedia Commons||The documentary video was uploaded on Wikimedia commons||A video was produced and uploaded on Wikimedia commons|
|atleast 10,000 people viewed the video||We had ver 19,000 views while the video reached over 95,000 people||This was met and surpassed|
- Metrics from the Dashboard
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The Facebook ad was so effective and reached over 90,000 people.
- The campign created lot of awareness and got Nigerians talkking about the value Wikipedia brought.
- We also had over 10 new Wikipedia editors who started editing due to the campaign and have been consistent till this period.
- The appearance of young people which cut across all the 6 Nigeria geographical zone also apealled to the audince which created massive acceptance.
- What did not work so well?
- We could not explore Instagram ad as its impsossible to create ad on any video more than 1 minuite on Instagram so we were left qwith only Facebook and Twitter.
- Couldnt get some of the influencers ready on time as most were busy
- What would you do differently next time?
- Adequate preparation and information.
- Accomodate more young people with equal gender balance.
- Partner with local TV startion for more publicity
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Video production||1||399,000||399,000||1050||For the cost for producing the video which include camera handling, post production and logistics..|
|2||Social media promotion, banner designing, internet and Zoom hosting||1||97,000||91,300||255.26||This involves the cost of the Facebook & Twitter ad, online banner design and internet.|
|3||Sovernier for top participants||10||20,000||200,000||526.315||This covered the open sorvenier that were given to top participants which include Bluetooth speaker, Phones all at the discretion of the participants.|
|4||Miscellany||-||-||6,750||17.76||Calls, bank charges, logistics, t.fare etc...|
Grant funds spent
A total of 702,750 Nigerian naira (1849.34 USD) was spent
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- Yes, a total of 90.66$ only was left.
Propose to add it to my next grant
Anything else you want to share about your project?
The event page for the project can be found here