Grants:Project/Rapid/Kaizenify/Wikipedia 20th Anniversary in Nigeria
- What kind of event(s) or activities are you planning to hold for your Wikipedia 20 event? Please let us know if these events include a meetup, edit-a-thons, workshops, photowalks, contests, or any kind of campaign.
- Meetup, workshop and awarness campaign
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- We have experienced contributors within the community and yes the partipants have experience in contributing and the new ones will be guided.
- How will you promote and let participants know about your Wikipedia 20 event? Please describe or link to the spaces you will be using to inform your community about your activities. Please note there are resources available to support your communications for Wikipedia 20 events.
- Wikimedia Nigeria whatsapp group
- Wikimedia Nigeria mailing list
- All Wikimedia Nigeria social media channels.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the event is over? How will you be sharing photos, videos, or other content from your activities after they are completed?
- We will engaged the partipants through the whtasapp group and put all the pictures and videos on Wikimedia Nigeria social media accounts and also on Wikimedia Commons.
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Please confirm below that you have listed your event on the WP20 page on Meta-wiki.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This celebration is divided into two parts: the first part of the edit-a-thon/meetup where wikimedians around Nigeria will gather to celebrate and the pther part where we will celebrate with % major Nigerian celebrities who has co0ntributed to Wikimedia Nigeria goals as this will create an awareness of Wikipedia in Nigeria even more.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- If at least 50 people partipated for the meetup; 25 physically and 25 virtually
- If at least 20 new people participate
- If at least 8 people help organize the event.
- If at least 30 articles created or improved (if applicable)
- If at least 30 number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)
- If at least 5 Nigeria celebrities were reached.
If you are organizing a meetup or event without any contributions to celebrate Wikipedia 20, we request that you ask participants to complete a brief survey to understand their experience and impact of your event. This survey will not request any personally identifying information. Will you be able to collect this information either during or after your event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Human resources:
- ....and other members of the Wikimedia Nigeria community
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue: $236.84
- Wikipedia branded T-Shirts(for only organizers 10 and 5 Nigerian celebrities): $10.52 * 15 = $157.8
- Internet(at the venue) = $39.47
- Food and drinks, Tea & buscuit: $14.47 * 25 = $361.75
- Birthday Cake (A cake for the meetup and cupcakes for 5 Nigerians celebrities) = $157.88
- Participant packs (folder, Wrist bands, pen, wikidata cheatsheet, stickers) = 3.15 * 25 = $78.75
- Customized Wikpedia Pillow as gift(For 5 Nigerian celebrities) = 44.7 * 5 = $223.5
- Customized Wikipedia Mug as gift(For 5 Nigerian celebrities & gifts for 5 top contributors) = 21.05 * 10 = $210.52
- Video prdocution(As the event will be stream live on zoom & facebook and also for the documentary video for the event) = $394.37
- Local transportation for facilators/organizers = 7.89 * 10 = $78.94
- Miscellaneous(Logistics, Bank charges, Zoom host) = $60.18
Total budget = $2,000
Endorsements are not needed for events related to Wikipedia 20. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.