Grants:Project/Rapid/Kaizenify/Wikipedia 20th Anniversary in Nigeria/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Yes project goals was met and surpassed
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|at least 50 people partipated for the meetup; 25 physically and 25 virtually||We had a total of 26 participants at the hall and 35 partipants virually on zoom||The target was exceeded|
|at least 20 new people participate||a total of 33 new people joined||The target was met and exceeded|
|at least 8 people help organize the event.||About 5 people helped organize|
|at least 30 articles created or improved||over 30 articles were improved using the citation hunt tool||The target was exceeded|
|If at least 5 Nigeria celebrities were reached||5 Nigerian celebrities was reached and gifted. They include: Woli Arole, Nkiru Balonwu, Elsie Godwin, Black Satino and Betty Abah||The target was met|
|at least 30 number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons||Over 30 photos was uploaded to commons||The target was exceeded|
Some of the pictures from the celebration
Images and Videos from the celebrities that were gifted the Wikipedia at 20 branded box of gifts
Popular blogger and OAP Black Satino campaign video receiving the box of her gifts which was posted on her Instagram page
Media personality Elsie Godwin campaign video receiving the box of her gifts which was posted on her Instagram page
Woli Arole receiving his Wikipedia at 20 branded box of gifts
Images of the gift boxes
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Gifting the celebrities the box of gifts was so productive as it attracted lot of attentions.
- The style of the box gifts and the celebrities posting it on their social media allowed m,ore Nigerias to know about Wikipedia
- The event was well attended with lot of participants willing to attend physically.
- The live stream was helpful and made other virtual partipants to still particoate.
- Gifting top contribuors TWikipedia branded hrow pillow, shirts and Mugs also made the event more colorful.
- What did not work so well?
- Gifting the celelbrities the branded gift boxes and making them to make a video prooved much of a difficulty.
- We were not able to do so much of on wiki activities of creating new artciles so instead we just focused on adding ciatations using the Citation hunt tool
- What would you do differently next time?
- Will start preparation early enough next time.
- Will create more time for on wiki activities.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Venue||-||-||90,000||236.84||The hall provided sounds, projector and space.|
|2||Wikipedia branded T-Shirts||15||4,000||60,000||157.89|
|3||Internet (at the venue)||1||16,000||16,000||42.105||Internet cost at the venue|
|4||Food and drinks||25||5,500||137,500||361.84||Covered the cost of the food and drinks|
|6||Customized Wikpedia Pillow as gift||10||17,000||170,000||447.36|
|7||Customized Wikipedia Mug as gift||10||8,000||80,000||210.52|
|8||Video prdocution for online stream||-||90,000||90,000||394.73|
|9||Local transportation for facilators/organizers||-||23,500||23,500||61.84||Covers all the transport by volunteers in delivering the gift boxes 733500|
|10||Miscellany||-||-||23,000||60.52||Calls, bank charges, logistics, graphics design, banner,|
Grant funds spent
A total of 760,000 Nigerian naira (1,975.92 USD) was spent
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- No i dont.
Anything else you want to share about your project?