Grants:Project/Rapid/Nirajan pant/Wiki Loves Monuments 2020 in Nepal/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- The two of the goals, number of uploaders and images used in the wiki projects, were almost achieved. But because of the lockdown just before and during the contest period due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the contest was badly affected and the photographers were not able to go out and take photos of the monuments. Taking photos during the pandemic was a big challenge. Which leads to the low number of uploads. But we the team and the community are happy with the results and satisfied with the number of uploads.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants: 50+||Number of participants: 31||Almost achieved|
|Number uploads to Commons:1000+||346||Target not achieved. The contest was badly affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic.|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: ~10-15%||Images used in the wikis 30 (9%)||Almost achieved|
|1. Number of newly registered users||13 (42%)|
|2. Number of Valued and Quality image||9|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The team shared information about the contest through social media platforms, email, and were able to engage few professional photographers as well. Because of that we were able to get a good number of uploads besides the challenge due to the Pandemic.
- What did not work so well?
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are unable to organize any kind of events for the interested photographers and photowalks to take the photos of the cultural heritages in Nepal.
- What would you do differently next time?
- If everything goes to normal, next year we will try to organize the contest nation-wide and engage more peoples from all over the Nepal.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|SN||Category||Item Description||Total USD||Remarks|
|1||Prizes||Main Prizes||575||Gift hampers for Top 3 Photos (First, Second, Third) and one Gift hamper for the top contributor by numbers of quality and valued photographs uploaded.|
|Photo Frame of top 10 photographs (Framed Winning photo with Print size of 12x18 inch)||233||This special prize was for the contributors of top ten ranking photographs.|
|2||WLM Certificate||Certificates for participants and Token of Appreciation to all jury members||186||The certificate is for the all contributors and volunteers who takes part in the competition.|
|3||Communication||Telephone, Internet data and communication charges||94||Telephone communication charges and 3G/4G internet data for team members and for the needy contributors|
|4||Courier Service||Prizes and Certificates Distribution||124||Deliver Prizes and Certificates for participants and winners|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- For event report see Event Report Page.