Grants:Project/Rapid/Olaniyan Olushola/ Art+Feminism at University of Nigeria
Please see the sample Travel application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Expand network of potential partners
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects
- Recruit new editors
- Initiate Wikimedia Club
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions: We plan to organise a 2-day edit-a-thon in partnership with University of Nigeria Nsukka. The event will have in attendance undergraduate students of the University in attendance to edit Wikipedia related content about Nigerian Art and Feminism. 1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- The purpose of this event is to train Nigerians about how to add content to Wikipedia.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- No, i will be training participants .
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- Social media eg Faceboolk, Instagram and Twitter
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- The event tend to create awareness about Wikipedia and also Wikimedia User Group in Nigeria
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
- Setup Whatsapp group and also establish Wikimedia Fan Club at the institution.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of new potential partners: 1
- Number of outreach activity participants: 30
- Number of new editors:30
- Number of of articles created or improved: 20
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Flight Ticket NGN 56,000.00
- Accommodation ( 3days @NGN25,000.00) NGN75,000.00
- Feeding (B/fast. Lunch and Dinner) 9,000.00 by 3 NGN27,000.00
- Local Transport- Lagos (NGN 10,000.00) + ENUGU (NGN 10,000.00) NGN20,000.00
- Contingency- NGN 20,000.00
- Total- 198,000.00
- CBN Rate 305/USD ( USD650)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support I am endorsing this as Regional Ambassador for A+F. The Nnamdi Azikiwe Library so far organises the largest A+F events in West Africa. Last year, a similar arrangement to get an experienced Wikipedian there was attempted but didn't materialize, and I wasn't able to provide them much support from remote. As a result, dozens of draft articles got caught up in the "slow" article creation process, many of which have now been deleted. I hope that we'll see an improvement in that this time around if an experienced person is on site to help them. I also think that this would be a perfect opportunity for the leadership of the Wikimedia community in Nigeria to establish a formal relationship with the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. —M@sssly✉ 12:05, 8 March 2019 (UTC)